Part 15

Bane

"I'll wait for you downstairs sir." Charles said to Magnus who still mending his hair in front of the mirror. He hummed in response still combing the sides. He heard the door opened and closed before he decided to finish his routine.

As he putting his watch on his left wrist he heard a chimed coming from his phone and when he looked, his father's name appears on the screen. He scoffed before cancelling the call and it went to voicemail. His heart was still hurt at his father cancelling their trip at the last minute and the things he did to him was least hurtful compared to what he received from his father.

He took the phone and shoved it inside his pants pocket before headed towards the elevator. He pressed the button and waited for it to come.

A few seconds later it arrived and the door is taking time to open. He leaned with his both hands on the side of the door waiting. He doesn't care for anyone from the other side of the elevator he will just barged in later.

When the door opened to reveal his true purpose of being here, he was glad and delighted to be the one there, smirk formed on his face but he chose to hide it.

"Well, hello there Alexander." He said and the boy's face changed to sudden annoyance like Magnus was some sort of gum on his shoes that he couldn't get rid off.

The boy attitude was as remarkable as he is which gives him the same excitement in torturing the poor fella. He was shoved and being called dwarf but again he apologized only seconds later he stated Magnus real purpose in being here, 'smart kid', he thought. Magnus saw him walking towards his room and noted in his mind to remember the room's number. He went inside the elevator and seconds later was joined with Charles at the lobby.

As he was about to leave he spotted the same nice lady whom he know to be Alec's mum. She was surrounded by her whole family and it somehow intimidating to Magnus to approach her in the crowd like this.

"I have a plan." He said and pulling Charles by his elbow before he could say anything else.

"Hai there." He said startling Maryse from her conversation. She turned and was met by Magnus and his - butler.

"Hey. Uhm -" she tried to remember his name but couldn't recalled which leaves them an awkward moment together. "Magnus." He said and she smiled at him. "Right. It's a nice surprise to see you here with your - father?" She asked and Magnus scoffed before he covered with a chuckled.

"No, no he's uhm, he's my uncle." He said and Charles looked at him in surprised. "Really? Hi I'm Maryse Lightwood. Alec's mum." She said handing out her hand to him and he took it gladly with a smile. "Charles." He said before he stopped himself and told her that he is not related to Magnus. But when he looked at Magnus' face, he was pleading him to go along with his lies.

"I'm Robert. I believe we haven't met." Robert stood and hand out his hand for Magnus and he took it gladly. "I'm Magnus. I'm friends with Alec." He said and was abruptly interrupted by someone behind Robert.

"The hell you are. You are not his friends." Jace shouted and came forward to tell his parents the truth but was stopped by Maryse pinching his arm mouthing 'behave'. He had a pout on his face which somehow a relieve to Magnus.

"So where are you guys heading?" Magnus asked and Valentine came forward. "The cities. We like a little exploring. Then grab some dinner before heading back to the hotel. How about you?" He asked politely.

"I'm sorry I don't think we ever met. Are you related to Alec?" Magnus asked confused on why they had some other bald guys to bring them along.

"Oh, forgive me, where's my manners. I'm Valentine, Alec's do-" he was interrupted by Maryse poking his side making him squirmed. The look she gave him was quite questionable since they were whispering against each other.