Part 12

Enjoyed this messy chapter.

"Mum."

"Alec."

"Mum."

"Maryse, wake up." Robert's voice whispered in her mind as she fallen asleep. Slowly her eyes flutters mumbling Alec's name. When she opened her eyes, she recognized she asleep in Alec's room again. It has been a week since Alec is in hospital and they prayed each day for him to wake up but every single day they went home and filled with disappointment. Each day Maryse counted to be the last day she woke up with news on Alec awaken and he's going to be alright but end up having her heart torn into pieces.

She prayed that when she woke up she won't have to deal with her dilemma, that someone will either tell her Alec is awake or that he won't make it. The questions had been pondering inside her head for a week now since Alec hasn't shown any progress, it seems like he himself had gave up and wanted her to move on but she couldn't, not like this.

"Maryse." Her husband's voice heard sitting besides her and she felt the bed dipped lower on her side. She looked up and met his eyes, tired as much as she is, they both just got home from the hospital few hours ago and when she looked at the watch on her wrist, it shown already eight in the morning. Only then she noticed the sun shines from the window and it's already morning.

"What is it? Is it Alec?" She asked and Robert nodded. She immediately jumped from her lying position and sat up on the bed facing her husband. "The hospital called just now, they said we need to come but they didn't say why." Robert explained.

"Give me time to shower and get the kids ready, I'll be down in few minutes." She lied but Robert knows that for years, she could never get them down in few minutes sometimes it took half a day.

"The kids are already in the kitchen, they wanted to come with us. If anything happens to Alec, they want to be there with us." He explains again. Maryse rubbed her swollen eyes and tied her hair into a loose bun. "Okay, just give me time to get ready and we will all go." She said bravely and Robert nodded but before she could get out from the bed Robert took her hand in his, it startled her at first but she then smiled at his gestured.

"Whatever happens, we are still one." Robert whispered, their face inches away from each other. Maryse looked up and met his eyes, he could see how the years have taken toll on her husband, he's not as young as he was when they first met. She leaned and rested her forehead on his and they both closed their eyes inhaling a deep breath and released them. She raised her hand around Robert's neck and slowly a tear fall on her cheek. "I know. I love you." She whispered.

Robert raised his hand and cupped her cheek while his thumb wiped the tears soaking her cheek. "I love you." He leaned and kiss her on her lips, the taste has longing feeling and they had been apart for a while since Alec is sick. She wrapped her arm around his neck and he pulled her closer. The hug is comforting and warming for Maryse, just the way she needed.

"Come on, we can't let them wait." He said and she nodded, letting herself off of him and stood from the ground. She then went to her room and get herself ready for whatever happens today. For better or for worst, she had to deal with it somehow.

"Do you think it's bad?" She whispered next to him in the car, she looked back and both Isabelle and Jace had their ears plugged to their earphones listening to whatever it is on their phone while Max looking through the screen and enjoyed his game in the iPad.

Robert sighed before he continued, his hand gripped the steering wheels tight making his knuckles all white. "Whatever it is, we will have each other to go through it today." He said handing out his palm for her and she took it gladly. He brings it to his lips and kissed the back of her palm. She smiled weakly and let her gaze back to the window next her thinking the only worst thing could happen today.