Part 23

"Hey." Robert called his wife that was sitting in the dark living room alone with her thoughts. He woke up few minutes ago and found his bed side is empty and his wife is not anywhere in the room. When he came out from the room, he noticed Maryse sitting on the couch staring into the wall alone.

When he greeted her softly, she was trying to hide her tears away from him but he knew better. He tapped the table lamp opened and saw how his wife's face is filled with sadness and grief. Her eyes that filled with tears were wiped too quickly and it smeared the tears to the side of her temple.

Her perfectly sculpted nose that he loves was blotched red and her face sunken into her sadness. "Hey." Her voice croaked in her own tears and Robert took his seat next to her on the couch. He opened his arms wide and Maryse leaned into his shoulder hugging his side. She let her arms wrapped around his belly and rested her head on his chest.

"Wanna tell me about it?" He asked her and she shook her head denying that everything is indeed falling apart in her life right now. The fact that they are both sitting in the dark in early morning makes it harder for them.

"Is it Alec?" He asked her and slowly she nods and another sobs break. "I had a dream about him. I couldn't sleep after I woke up from that dream." She said hugging her husband tighter. "What is it about." He let his hand twirled around her hair and once a while stroking her shoulders.

"Alec's in trouble. The way he's calling me for help and when I tried to reach him, he just get further and further away." She explained briefly but Robert knew how hard it is for her to explain without breaking into another tears.

"We're gonna find him soo sweetheart, I could stay for few more days." He offered but Maryse shook her head declining the offer and she raised her body facing him. "No, you have to go back, we can't all stay here and do nothing. It'll cost us too much." She said and Robert sighed rubbing his temple. "It's not the money we are concerning about Maryse, Alec meant everything to us, more than all the money we could have in this world. I can't stay in LA worrying about our family divided like this. I can't bear my heart to leave you here all alone looking for my son, my son Maryse." He emphasized the word and slowly a threatening tear fell on his cheek.

"I'm sorry." She said with tears rolling on her face as well. "I don't want us to be more apart than we are right now." She said and Robert sighed in relieved to hear those words coming out from her. He pulled her back to his chest and continued to cry her tears in his embrace.

"I'm so worried of Alec. I can't lose him yet, I want my son back." She sobbed and Robert couldn't utter any more words, he too wanted his son back, safe and sound in his arm, with his family. "Give him back to me Robert, please." She pleaded lastly.

~~~~

"Asmo?" Anna called for him but he didn't exactly answered her. She flipped the switched on the living area and saw him by the liquor cabinet on the side drown into his drinks. "Hey." She called as soon as she spotted him. He didn't turned to see his fiancé and instead, poured himself another drink.

"How much you had drank tonight?" She asked and he scoffed. "None of your concern, you don't like to see me like this, you can leave too." He said and she sighed. She placed her bags on the couch since she just got back from her meeting with Maryse earlier.

She stepped closer to her drunk fiancé and raised her arm on his shoulder. He flinched and tried to walk away but she grabbed it instead and made him face her. "Look I know you are sad about Magnus but it's not over yet, they are going to find him, I know it." She assured him but when he stared into her eyes, it only filled with hatred like someone hurt him deeply.