Part 17

Knock, knock

Charles had waited for Magnus and Alec conversation together for almost an hour when he noticed Magnus hasn't came back into the hotel room yet. He went out to the lobby to find him but failed and when he asked the receptionist, she told him he went out. So the last place he wanted to find Magnus was in Alec's room if in case Alec had disappeared as well.

He feared that Alec is inside the hotel room with his family but Magnus is upset somewhere. He shouldn't have let those two talk alone, he afraid things might get worsen like today.

The fear on Charles' face were clearly written. When he knocked on the door he wasn't expecting to be open the youngest in the family.

"Can I help you?" The small boy asked him and he smiled. "Can I speak to your mother?" He asked politely and he shook his head, "She's showering. Daddy's here." He said and before Charles could say anything Robert came from behind the couch and walked towards him.

"Charles, is everything okay?" He asked him after pulling Max away from the door. "Uhm yeah, is Alec here? Magnus hasn't come back and I thought he might be here with him." Charles mentioned and the moment when he did, flashes of worried plastered on Robert's face. "What do you mean? I thought he's with you guys, he hasn't came back since and I thought he went to speak with Magnus."

Robert's voice is a little higher than usual but it's totally understandable for his situation. "What's going on?" Jace came from behind his father and the same look he has like Charles did earlier. "Did Alec tell you where he was going?" Robert asked and Jace shook his head before he ran to his room and grab his phone.

He came out tapping on his phone and placed it on his ear when they waited and slowly a faint sound of Alec's classic ringtone appears from the bag. Jace looked around and found the bag in their room and pulled out Alec's phone from it.

"Have you tried calling Magnus?" Robert asked and Charles nodded. "I did, he left his phone at the hotel as well, his bag is with me." He explained and Robert didn't think twice before he grabbed his phone and wallet and headed to the door.

"Stay here. Don't tell your mother what happen or she'll be losing her mind, tell her I'm getting Alec from Magnus room and if she asked you don't know where is it. Got it?" He whispered to Jace and Max stood still next to him before he nodded understand the instructions.

He quickly walked down the hallway with Charles and headed to the elevator, both didn't utter a word feared of what exactly happened.

When Robert came to the lobby he immediately asked the receptionist if she spotted where Alec or Magnus is but Charles beat him to it. "I already asked them, they said they haven't seen anyone since they just started about an hour ago. The previous receptionist has gone home." Robert sighed scratching his neck before he suggested, "Okay, let's look for them." He walked out the lobby followed by Charles.

They both didn't know exactly where they were heading but Robert felt like running, his feet literally dragged him anywhere possible if it meant he would find Alec.

As they ran out from the hotel lobby, they were called from the other side of the door. "Guys!" When they looked behind them, it was Magnus. Relieve flashes through Charles and Robert's face but then they noticed Alec isn't with him.

"What happened? Where have you been?" Charles questioned but he didn't had the chance to answer them before Robert interrupted him. "Where's Alec?" He asked and Magnus looked at him with guilt.

"I-I don't know. I mean, I went up alone and when I came back down he was already gone. When I asked the receptionist she said he left the hotel. I tried to find him anywhere but I couldn't find him and now I'm waiting here just in case he came back." Magnus tried to explain all with only one breath but he felt his chest burning with guilt.