Part 4

"Where do you think you're going?" Maryse asked Alec as soon as she saw him walking into the kitchen. "School, where else?" He replied as he grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and bite it down. "Alec you can't, you know what the doctor said." His mother insisted but she knew well how Alec feels about keeping him inside the house.

"I'm fine mum. I won't run, I won't force myself and if I feel tired, I will take rest in the nurse's office. I promise." He said and grabbed his bag from the counter at the same time Jace walked in, "Ready?" He asked and he nodded.

He went to his mum side and kissed her on her cheek, "Don't worry too much." He whispered and Maryse sighed. "Have I always?" She replied and Alec snickered. Jace followed after kissing her on her cheek, "Look out for him." She whispered into Jace's ear, "I will mum, don't worry." He replied catching up with Alec and they both headed to school together.

"It's nice having you here with me." Jace finally said after a while of silence in the car. They rolled the window down and the warm breeze of spring weather mixing with summer sprawled inside the car.

"What do you mean?" Alec asked as he brings his hand towards his forehead and pushed his hair back from the wind. "I miss going to school with you." He answered and Alec snorted. "You have Isabelle, what's the different?" He pushed but Jace scoffed in disagreement, "Have you forgotten what is like to ride with Izzy? She will control the music selection and sing her annoying voice out till we get there, plus she will dragged us to the coffee shop before school. Like hell I'm going to spend that much of money over a drink that doesn't taste like coffee and sounds even ridiculously the same."

Alec laughter brings the whole mood in the car even better and Jace joined him after. "You and I both brother." He said as Jace starts to pull in the parking lot. "Ready?" He asked as Alec opened the car door and climbed out with a nod.

The school was the same despite everything now seems a bit rush to Alec. He felt how he wished he had a time machine that could change his life, to bring back his time and not being in the car with his parents or fast forward it till graduation.

The thoughts scares him that he might not able to enjoy his life as much as he should. He will never get to feel how to fall in love, or even had sex, he might be a high school senior but he still is a virgin. He never get to drink alcohol or gone to a party and enjoy life in college, he never get to see his siblings got married, have kids. He will never have kids on his own.

The thoughts made him feel like the area getting smaller and smaller and he leaned against the car for support. "Alec." Jace called standing by his side holding his shoulder, "Are you okay? Oh god, mum is gonna kill me." He said with fear clearly on his face while he's looking around for help but when Alec met Jace's eyes, he never thought how people around him walked around like stepping on an eggshells. They were afraid of how fragile his being is.

"I'm fine Jace. Just my thoughts are messing with me." He replied sliding his bag on his shoulder. He walked past him headed to the front door with all the kids around him, walking past him looking at him as if he's an alien. He hated school kids being immature around him but again, they did witnessed him being dragged out here on an ambulance a few months ago. They thought that he might be already gone, they probably thought he's dead but here he is standing tall and proud of himself for able to come back here.

"The fuck you guys looking at?" Jace called behind him in anger and walked beside him. "Glad you still have your sense of asshole." Alec replied with Jace smirked beside him as they both walked inside and faced the day.

As the day went, they are finally at their last class and when the bell rings, Alec never felt happier. He was exhausted and his mother was right, he should have stayed home and rest instead of coming here but he and his usual stubborn self won't have it other way.