xi. ron the keeper

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Helga," said Deanna. "I miss Quidditch." She walked down to the pitch with Ernie, Justin, Hannah and Susan. Gryffindor and Slytherin were playing today. She had wished Harry, Ron, Fred and George good luck during breakfast. Fred and George had gave her a scarf and a Quidditch sweater for her to show her Gryffindor spirit.

"You play, Deanna?" said Ernie.

"Yeah," she said. "I was a Beater, and –" Deanna stopped suddenly, remembering none of them knew how she returned. She wanted to tell them, but it was harder than she thought. Reliving the memories once more was something Deanna didn't want. She shook her head and smiled as they finally arrived. She chuckled when she heard Luna Lovegood's loud lion hat that roared. The Gryffindors rose and flew on their brooms. Deanna cheered and clapped along with the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. She saw one of the Slytherin boys and frowned. He looked just like Abraxas Malfoy.

"Hannah," said Deanna, nudging her and motioning to the Slytherin. "Who is he?"

"That's Draco Malfoy, Deanna," said Hannah. Deanna just nodded along and thought about it. He must be Lucius Malfoy's son, and Lucius Malfoy must be Abraxas' son. Nonetheless, she shook off her thoughts and watched the game. Deanna winced whenever Ron missed the Quaffle.

"Bell dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger — close call, Katie — and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?"

And as Lee paused to listen the song rose loud and clear from the sea of green and silver in the Slytherin section of the stands:

Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring,

That's why Slytherins all sing:

Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin,

He always lets the Quaffle in,

Weasley will make sure we win,

Weasley is our King.

Deanna's eyes narrowed and she glared at the Slytherins. Some of the Slytherins' voices had faltered when they met her eyes. Susan patted her on the shoulder. "There, there, Deanna, calm down."

Deanna smiled at her and cupped her hands around her mouth. "YOU CAN DO IT, RON!" And Ron glance towards her with a slight smile as Warrington drew neared to him.