xxxviii. the payment of refusal

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"All right, we've been practicing hard, so don't get nervous. Let's do good like we always do. Go, badgers!" A series of cheers came from the Hufflepuff team as they went out and mounted their brooms, meeting the cheering audience. Deanna looked around and saw that Hermione was wearing a yellow and red jumper, making her grin. She waved at her friends from Slytherin before stopping in front of Harry.

"Captains!" Madame Hooch shouted, and Harry and Deanna shook hands.

"Good luck, badger."

"Same to you, lion." The two of them chuckled before going back to their places, and when the whistle blew, Deanna soared up into the air on her Oakshaft, syncing immediately with Noah.

"And Ginny Weasley takes the Quaffle from Macaroni?"

"It's Macavoy!" Minerva scolded the commentator, making the crowd laugh. Deanna peeked and grinned when she saw that it was Luna Lovegood, commentating the match, and Minerva was looking more stressed than she had ever been.

"Yes, yes. Macaroni scores! 10 points to Hufflepuff and Harry Potter's now having an argument with his Keeper," said Luna serenely. "I don't think that'll help him find the Snitch, but maybe it's a clever ruse."

At the sound of the whistle, Deanna signaled to Noah that it was their time to fly and they dove down in between the Beaters of Gryffindor, taking the Bludgers into their control.

"Sorry, Gin!" Deanna shouted before aiming the Bludger at her, and striking her in the stomach. The Quaffle was picked up by Ernie who scored once more.

"Seventy-forty to Hufflepuff!" barked Minerva into Luna's megaphone.

"Is it, already?" said Luna vaguely. "Oh, look! The Gryffindor Keeper's got hold of one of the Beater's bats."

Deanna looked around, and her eyes widened when she saw Harry was hit in the head by a Bludger. She immediately flew to him, catching him before he hit the ground. Madame Hooch blew the whistle, and Deanna slowly put Harry down, wincing at the state of his head as the Quidditch players and some of the staff crowded around them.

"He needs to go to the Hospital Wing, dear me." Madame Hooch sighed and went to the stands for Madame Pomfrey.

"Well, that hit him." Someone commented behind them, and Deanna growled when she saw it was Cormac McLaggen. She immediately stood up and started her way towards him, but her friends quickly held her back.

"You git," said Deanna angrily. "The next time we have a match, you better not be on the team or you'll be sorry you ever tried out."