xlviii. persisting feelings

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Deanna." Ria let out a sigh of relief as Tonks caught the unconscious Dumbledore and brought her onto the broom, wincing at the large gash on her back made by Bellatrix. "Is she alright, love?"

"They're gone." Bill said, flying towards the trio. He looked at Deanna's bleeding figure with worry.

"Is she alright? We got her wand here." Fleur said, handing out Deanna's wand.

"Can you hold on to it first?" When Fleur nodded, Tonks continued speaking. "Listen, go to Muriel's. You still have a few minutes before your Portkey comes home." Tonks said while trying to heal Deanna's wounds as much as she could. "We'll get to the Burrow since we missed our own."

"How about Mad-Eye's body?" Bill suddenly asked, the four of them fell silent at once, still pained at the death of their commander. It was too sudden. They wondered why Voldemort did not kill Moody when he already encountered Moody a while ago but they thought with a sense of bitterness, he was waiting for this moment. He knew just how Deanna's mind worked. She'd sacrifice everything just for her friends and family.

"We'll come for it later." Ria mumbled in response. Bill and Fleur nodded.

"Well, we'll see you in the Burrow." Bill gave the Thestral a pat and he and Fleur flew away from the couple and Deanna.

"How is she, Dora?" Ria asked in worry while holding tight to the broomstick.

"She's fine, but we need to get back to the Burrow quick, Ri." Tonks readjusted her hold on Deanna so that they could go faster, holding on tight to Ria's waist with her other arm. "Don't worry, we have you."

Ria kissed the side of Tonks' head before she proceeded to fly at full speed. Tonks was definitely having a hard time holding Deanna and holding onto Ria, but she did it nonetheless. They couldn't lose anyone else, especially not Deanna. She was worried for Deanna's condition and she was just hoping Deanna was holding on too.

A cough from Deanna surprised Tonks and Ria and relieved them at the same time. "T-Tonks, Ria?"

"Hang on, Dee." Ria reassured her, going faster than she already was. "We're almost there so hang on for a bit. Alright?"

"Can you wake me up when we get there?" Deanna muttered, making Tonks and Ria glance at each other in panic.

"How about you tell us a story? We're almost there, Deanna." Tonks said hurriedly. "You can sleep as much as you want when we get there."