liii. sir gellert

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Please sit down." Grindelwald motioned in front of him.

Deanna sat down in front of Grindelwald awkwardly while settling Fawkes on her lap. Her father's first love smiled at the phoenix who just nodded at him. She couldn't take the awkwardness anymore so she cleared her throat, making the man look at her. "I... I got something from my father and in his will, he said to follow the sign."

Deanna took out the necklace of Grindelwald's sign and showed it to him, surprised to see the man shaking his head and closing his eyes as if remembering something bad. "Mister Grindelwald?"

"Y-Yeah?" Grindelwald snapped out of the trance he was in and swallowed the lump in his throat. He just remembered all the bad things he had done, all the regrets he had and what he did to this little girl's parents. "S-Sorry, just remembered something."

"It's fine." Deanna smiled reassuringly. "My father gave this to me in his will. Did he leave a message for me or something I needed to do?"

"How did you know that it was my sign?" Grindelwald asked in curiosity. "I'm sure Al– your father did not mention me that much."

"He did tell me about you two before." Deanna explained, making Grindelwald's eyes widen in surprise. "But I saw the necklace in a picture the two of you had when you were young. That's why I knew I should go here."

"He kept pictures of me?" Grindelwald mumbled to himself and he quickly blinked his tears away. The truth was Dumbledore had only visited Grindelwald three times since he became imprisoned. The first was a few months after Deanna died, the second was when Deanna returned and the last was a year ago when he asked Grindelwald if there was no other way for Deanna.

And Grindelwald honestly thought Dumbledore did not have any feelings left for him, Grindelwald thought he only had hatred left for the prisoner but now, he was finding out he kept the pictures of them after all this time. He was such a bad man and there was no way for him to make it up to Albus Dumbledore.

"I think he never stopped loving you, Sir." Deanna suddenly said, making Grindelwald's eyes widen. She held back her smile and continued, speaking only with sincerity and truth. "My father always told me you were a great man. You may have made bad choices, but what matters most is that you're still here, Sir. You still have a chance to make things right. And I need your help."

Grindelwald cast his eyes down, trying to blink back his tears at Deanna's words. He took in a deep breath to calm himself down. "Alright." He looked up at Deanna and smiled, those blue eyes were so familiar and so warm, but it also reminded him of what he lost due to his foolishness. "We'll start tomorrow, but for now, you must rest. I'm sure you had a long journey so go to the room under this floor and let's talk some more tomorrow."