xxxvii. poisoned mead

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Hey, Dee." The three younger Hufflepuffs sat down beside Deanna for breakfast.

"Noah, Jem, El." Deanna sent a wave to them. "How have you three been?"

"Shouldn't we be the ones asking that?" Eleanor asked, moving her eyebrows up and down.

"And I thought you said you didn't like anyone?" Jemina grinned widely when Deanna had blushed.

"T-That... I wasn't sure back then." Deanna explained sheepishly, trying to focus on her hotdogs, but she couldn't do that due to the intense stares the three younger teens had on her. She mumbled under her breath. "I just didn't want to admit it yet."

"So, you already liked her then?" Noah exclaimed happily, making Deanna shush him. He smiled sheepishly and lowered his voice to a whisper. "So you liked her since then."

"Yeah, I guess I did." Deanna finally admitted with a soft smile on her face at the thought of Hermione. She liked the Gryffindor before she even knew it, and she was just glad her tongue slipped that night of

"Hey, Deanna." Deanna turned around and saw that it was Justin who called her. "Aren't you supposed to be in Potions?"

"But today's Wednesday?" Deanna asked in confusion.

"It's Tuesday!" Jemina, Eleanor, Noah and Justin exclaimed in unison. In her confusion, Deanna checked her notebook and her eyes widened when indeed it was Tuesday.

"Damn it, bye!" Deanna waved to them, jumping out of her seat and running out of the Great Hall. She caught the attention of the people passing by at how crazy she looked, but she didn't care about what people would think of her. She was late to Potions class by more than an hour. Yes, indeed, the Boisterous Badger struck again.

"I'm here." Deanna opened the door to the dungeons and panted for air, resting her hands on her knees.

"Ah, Miss Dumbledore, you're... late." Professor Slughorn, unlike what Deanna expected, had a smile on his face. "By an hour and 15 minutes to be specific."

"I-I'm sorry, Professor." Deanna finally calmed down a bit and stood up straight with a grin. "I thought it was Wednesday today." Laughter boomed around the room, and Slughorn was the one who laughed the loudest. Deanna looked around for Hermione and saw the Granger giggling, making her grin even wider.

"Now, you have 15 minutes to make an antidote to all potions." Slughorn gave her a pat on the back. "I'm sure you'll do good. Now, get back to work, all of you."