xx. the prophecy of the heirs

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"You're lucky the spell wasn't used to its full power," said Madame Pomfrey, dressing her wounds. It had been a day after the Battle at the Department of Mysteries, and Fawkes' tears had saved her from the brink of death. She had woken up the night before with the Order, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore surrounding her, but she was put back to sleep by Madame Pomfrey. Fudge finally accepted Voldemort's return, removed Umbridge from Hogwarts with the help of Peeves chasing her from the grounds and reinstated Hagrid as Hogwarts' Care of Magical Creatures professor.

"What do you mean?" said Deanna in confusion.

"Whoever used the Dark Spell seemed to control its effects to lessen the impact," said Madame Pomfrey. "Now, I'll let you rest, dear." Madame Pomfrey left Deanna, pondering what she just said. Tom didn't use the spell to its full extent? He never meant to kill her... Deanna smiled slightly. She still cared for Tom, and it seemed he still cared for too. There was hope. Hope that Tom could still change and be better, but until that time would come that Tom would accept change, Deanna would continue the fight against him and stand by her father.

"Lost in your thoughts, little phoenix?" Deanna snapped her head up and beamed when her father came with Pomona and a healed Minerva by his side.

"Oh, Dee," said Pomona, hugging her gently. "You're all right. "

"That I am, Pommy," said Deanna cheerfully. "I'm always fine." She grinned at Minerva who sat beside her. "I heard you put up the fight, Min. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Dee," said Minerva. "You told me to fight for Hogwarts. I wouldn't have let them take him like that."

"DEANNA!" The door swung open and revealed Hagrid with Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Moody and Kingsley. The half-giant ran to Deanna and swept her into a tight hug.

"Hagrid!" exclaimed Minerva. "Put her down!"

"Oh, right, sorry Dee." Hagrid set her down with a sheepish smile.

"All good, Ruby," giggled Deanna then she smiled at the members of the Order. "Thank you. For coming and saving us."

"I should be thanking you, Dumbledore Jr." Sirius smiled gratefully at her. "You saved my life."

"And you saved our arses."

"Language," said Dumbledore, Minerva and Pomona. Deanna grinned as if she didn't hear them.

"Your daughter is quite the warrior," said Moody to Dumbledore while Deanna talked with Sirius, Remus, Tonks and Kingsley, laughing when Tonks changed her face into that of a duck's. Hagrid, Minerva and Pomona leaned in to listen to Moody. "She commanded us naturally. Just like you, Albus."