xlix. his final will

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Yeah, that's good there, Deanna. Thank you, dear." Molly smiled widely and looked over her. "I don't want you to overexert yourself and open that gash on your back."

"I'll be fine, Molly, thanks to you."

It had been a few days after Moody's death, and Deanna had to remind herself about the promise she made to him in order to keep herself from feeling sad all the time. She with the help of Sirius, Remus, Tonks and Ria, made a small tribute to Moody in the yard of the Burrow. They never recovered Moody's body but they owed it to him. A tribute after everything he did for them.

Deanna was about to go back to the other room to continue helping out for the wedding when Molly spoke once more.

"Deanna?"

"Yeah?" Deanna looked back with confusion in her eyes.

Molly smiled at her once more before walking to Deanna and holding her hands. "You're not coming back to school, are you?"

Deanna wondered how they all found out about it before she slowly nodded.

"Are you going with Ron, Harry and Hermione?" Molly asked.

"No." Deanna muttered while looking down. "I'm going with Fawkes as soon as the wedding ends."

"I understand." Molly sighed and patted Deanna's shoulder. "But I just want to tell you. These are dark times we are in, and you might want to tell a certain someone what you truly feel before it's too late."

Deanna's eyes widened in surprise. She was certain she hid her feelings from everyone. She was certain no one knew about what she truly felt for Hermione. "Molly –"

"I know, I know." Molly said in an understanding tone. "But I just want to tell you, her feelings never changed. Since your break-up, she has never been the same. Just... talk to her, will you?" She gave Deanna one last pat on the back before she went out, leaving Deanna to her thoughts.

Deanna clenched her fists. She knew. She knew Hermione wasn't the same and she knew it was because of her. But what could she do? Should she risk Hermione's safety for their relationship? She should do everything to protect Hermione, even if it meant protecting Hermione from herself.

But deep inside her, there was a part of Deanna, a huge part of her, that wanted to go back to Hermione and say the truth. Those three little words that have been waiting to come out of her since that night her father died. When Hermione told her those words that day, Deanna felt happy. For the first time since her father died, she felt happy but that happiness soon vanished due to the painful reality that reminded her of what she needed to do.