li. a wrong landing

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Cold. Deanna rose up to the surface and took in a deep breath, the morning sun hitting her face. She looked around and saw Fawkes who just had his burning day on her shoulder. Quickly reaching a nearby coast, Deanna ran her hands up and down her arms and patted Fawkes on the head. "Y-You came."

Fawkes let out a cry that Deanna took as his promise to do so no matter what. Deanna chuckled shakily and took out her father's traveling cloak from inside the bag and wrapped it around Fawkes. She quickly changed out of her dress into a pair of jeans and a sweater and looked around, wondering where they were. Then, she saw a sign ahead and squinted her eyes to read it.

"A-Australia?" Deanna groaned in frustration. "Fawkesy, I was thinking of A-Austria. Not Australia." The phoenix cried in response, making Deanna sigh and nod. "It's fine, it's fine. I-I suppose we should get some Muggle money, now yeah?"

Deanna took the cloak and wore it around herself, putting the baby Fawkes in her pocket. She started on her way into the city despite the coldness she was feeling. Luckily, she found what seemed to look like a house and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" A voice came from behind the door. And it swung open to reveal a woman with dark hair. Her eyes widened when she saw the shivering Deanna. "Oh, dear."

"M-My name is D-Deanna Dumbledore." Deanna stuttered out. "D-Do you know where I can find a place to stay for a few nights?"

"Come in, my dear." The woman ushered her in with worry in her eyes. "You must be so cold. Wendell!"

"Coming, Monica." There was a thunder of footsteps and the man named Wendell came down. He had brown hair and his eyes widened too at the sight of Deanna. "Gracious me, what happened to you, young lady?"

"I-I don't know." Deanna mumbled, wondering why they seemed so familiar to her. "T-Thank you for l-letting me in, but do you know where I c-can stay for at least a few nights and w-where I can get some money?"

Monica and Wendell Wilkins looked at each other with concern before nodding at each other, both making their decision. Monica smiled softly at her. "You can stay here for now. It's only the two of us here."

"I-I don't want to intrude." Deanna shook her head and smiled. "I'll be fine, but thank you for t-the offer."

"Please, stay here, Miss?"

"Deanna."

"So, please stay here, Deanna." Wendell patted her on the shoulder. "Go take a nice shower and we can have a talk, alright? You don't have a choice."