i. run, badger, run

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Expelliarmus! Stupefy!" Deanna yelled and caught the new wand of Avery who was chasing after her as he flew away. Her eyes widened when she saw two more Death Eaters in front of her and as they raised their wands at her, she raised hers too. "Ignis Rugiet!"

A large exploding fireball came from Deanna's wand and she ran away and hid in the dark alley. She panted and slid down the wall to catch her breath. It had been more than a month since she ran from Avery and Nott. She was all bloody and bruised, but she didn't care. She just couldn't surrender herself to them.

Deanna let out a sigh of relief when nobody was chasing her anymore and stood up. She cautiously looked around and saw that the two Death Eaters she attacked with her fireball were still there. She quickly ran to them, took their wands and knowing that she looked bad with all the bruises, she took one of their cloaks and out of curiosity took off their masks as well. She identified them as Nott and Macnair.

She wore the cloak and put the hood up as she went on her way. She heard her stomach rumble and sighed. She hadn't been able to eat for the past week because Nott, Macnair and Avery had been chasing after her relentlessly. The last time, it was Lucius Malfoy so it had been easier to get away from him. Having three Death Eaters chasing after her did not give Deanna any time to rest or take a breath.

It started raining that moment, and Deanna groaned before she quickly ran to take cover and saw she was at the London Borough of Islington. She ducked into a alley in front of 11 Grimmauld Place and wrapped the cloak around herself, trying to bring some warmth into her body.

Deanna then let herself drown into her thoughts. She couldn't believe it still, and she hadn't thought of it much as she was on a tiring chase with the Death Eaters. She closed her eyes and let the rain fall on her. It was cold, and Deanna hated it, but she had no choice. She would rather be in an endless, cold chase with those Death Eaters before she would give in, even if it meant having a warm blanket wrapped around her.

She remembered her last memory from fifty years ago. She had just shouted at Olive Hornby, who made Myrtle Warren cry after teasing her about her glasses and talked to Rubeus Hagrid for a few moments. Deanna immediately went to the bathroom, but she stopped when she heard a voice, her lover's voice. Tom had whispered in a snakelike voice that Deanna couldn't understand, but she went in the bathroom anyways, and Deanna's heart fell when she saw that Myrtle was on the floor, unmoving, with Tom Riddle standing over her and a large snake, a Basilisk by his side.

"Myrtle! Help me, Tommy, we have to help her," Deanna cried out while trying to look for a pulse in Myrtle's body.

"She won't wake up," said Tom coldly. "She doesn't deserve to."