lxv. the lost diadem

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Are you alright?" Deanna asked Harry who suddenly felt pain in his scar and entire being. He knew then Hermione and Ron succeeded in destroying the Cup.

"Y-Yeah, they destroyed the Cup." Harry told her with a smile. "Come on."

Deanna and Harry held hands and ran through the hall that was collapsing. They ran as fast as they could to avoid the rubble falling down. Deanna held up a Shield Charm around them while they went up the stairs and ran through another collapsing hall. They let out relieved sighs when they finally arrived at the left corridor of the seventh floor. Right in front of the Room of Requirement.

"Let's go." Harry tightened his hold on Deanna's hand before the two of them quickly walked back and forth in front of the Room of Requirement. They needed to go to the place where everything was hidden. The door appeared right in front of them, making the two of them smile before they entered. They were not prepared though for what awaited them.

"Bloody hell." Harry said when they entered. There were piles of mysterious objects all around the room. Artifacts, books, treasures, all sorts of random things. They were all in piles and messed up that it looked nearly impossible to find the diadem. Harry and Deanna could only look around at the towering objects around them.

"Accio Diadem." Deanna raised her wand, trying to see if they could summon what they were looking for but to no avail. "At least we tried. Come on."

The two of them started walking through the room, keeping their eyes and senses alert for anything could happen in the Room of Hidden Things. The two of them swiftly moved around and kept close to each other, knowing they didn't have the luxury of time to look around. They exchanged glances when they heard the sound of growing vines and the fluttering of wings. They had to find it. Now.

As they moved deeper and deeper into the Room of Hidden Things, Harry suddenly stopped at that moment, hearing the whispers that he always heard when he would sense the Horcruxes. "I hear them."

Deanna nodded in response and let Harry do his thing. The Gryffindor slowly turned around and slowly walked towards the table ahead. The whispers in his head had gotten louder, and he took off the rope that was on top of a wooden box. He picked up the box and opened it slowly, their eyes widening when they saw the diadem... the words, "Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure," engraved along the bottom.

Harry carefully held the diadem in the box when Deanna suddenly sensed movement around them and turned to their right, seeing the group of Draco, Crabbe and Goyle who also had their wands raised at them. "Harry? We've got three fools here."