lxxi. farewell, hogwarts

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

June 15, 1999

"Ginny, it's time to go. It's graduation day." Hermione giggled at the sight of her roommate sprawled in bed. Ginny asked Hermione to wake her up in time for their graduation, but the task was harder than she expected for Ginny slept like a log. Then, she thought of something that made her grin. "Ginny, if you don't get up right now, I'll tell Jem who broke her knitting needles last month and the month after that. The Hufflepuff Common Room is just –"

"I'M UP, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING!" Ginny yelled and got out of bed immediately, running to the bathrooms and making Hermione laugh.

It was her final day as a Hogwarts student, and it was unfamiliar and strange at first to Hermione to be at the school after everything that happened. She didn't have Harry and Ron with her, she could talk easily to anyone regardless of house, and her life wasn't really in trouble anymore! Aside from that, she had attained her N.E.W.T.s and finished at the top of her class, not that anyone doubted she would. She successfully pitched a project to the Ministry regarding S.P.E.W., and she was going to start work in a month at a high position in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

She also set time aside for her friends. She didn't miss a meeting unless she was really busy. She would often go to Hog's Head to meet up with Aberforth and Ariana during the weekends, and she would be with her parents and Fawkes during the holidays. So, yeah, life was doing good for Hermione. She could honestly say she was happy right now. She was incomplete but happy. It had been a year since Deanna was gone, and she still missed her. She still loved her, a second chance at love not really an option for her, but she was living like Deanna wanted. She was keeping her promise to Deanna to live her life, and she must say it was one of the best decisions she made in her life.

Hermione took one last look at the room that was her home, everything was packed and clean. The room was ready for the next students to stay. With only her wand and a book in hand, Hermione knocked on the bathroom door to let Ginny know she was going. "Gin, I'm going."

"Yeah, see you. Thanks for waking me up." Ginny shouted out from inside.

Hermione shook her head with a smile before she finally left, going down the stairs and passing by the Common Room where she spent a great deal of her time in Hogwarts. Oh, the plans and stories she, Harry and Ron made while they were there. Then, she went out of the entrance and smiled at the Fat Lady, remembering how the portrait caught Deanna kissing her on the cheek back in their fifth year. Oh, she missed those days.

"Hello, dear lady." Hermione greeted her with a smile.

"Graduating, are you, dear?" The Fat Lady asked, and when Hermione nodded, a warm smile formed on the portrait's lips. "Well, I wish you luck in the next chapters of your life."