epilogue

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Winter, 2017

"Helga's mush – "

"Shh..."

"Mama!"

Deanna immediately silenced herself upon hearing her two sons shush her. She mouthed an apology to them before they continued tiptoeing on their way down the stairs. As soon as they arrived at the living room, they grinned when they saw Fawkes, already awake and waiting for them.

"Fawkesy." Deanna whispered and motioned the phoenix to come. The phoenix let out a soft cry and flew to them. Deanna looked behind her and let out a sigh of relief when there was no sign of her daughter and her wife. "Come on, let's be quick since it's freezing outside."

The group of four went out of their house and out into the cold as quiet as they could. Deanna held onto her two sons and clasped onto Fawkes' tail, the four disappearing in a moment. What they didn't know was that there was a pair of eyes watching them the entire time. A grin came onto her face for she caught them in the act.

"Oh, Mum's going to be pissed."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

After spending ten minutes out flying and playing Quidditch, the four returned home in time. They knew that Hermione always woke up at 6 so they made sure to do what they needed before then. Hermione hated it when they flew out and played Quidditch in winter while they loved doing so, and in their defense, Fawkes wanted to go too. So, they decided to sneak out instead. They wanted to do it this once.

"Mama, the wood." The middle child reminded her as they made their way to the entrance.

"Oh, right." Deanna whipped out her wand and wordlessly summoned wood from the forest so that they could say they just went out to get wood for the fireplace. She grinned back at her grinning children and the happy Fawkes before they continued on their way to the house. As soon as they opened the door, they sighed in relief when all lights were off as they left it. They started tiptoeing again towards the fireplace, keeping their silence when...

"AHH!" The three who snuck out screamed and Fawkes cried in surprise when a light suddenly opened behind them. They looked back immediately, and their faces fell at the sight. It was at that moment they knew... they were screwed.

Hermione Jean Granger-Dumbledore was standing behind them, her arms crossed and her face blank, while Dorothea Monique Granger-Dumbledore was standing beside her mum with a victorious smile on her face. Abraham Bryant Granger-Dumbledore was standing beside his mama, glaring at his older sister while the youngest, Kenneth Cole Granger-Dumbledore, was hiding beside his mama, scared of what his mum would say. On the other hand, Deanna Ariana Granger-Dumbledore was smiling awkwardly, trying to think of a way out of this situation.