xv. empty your mind

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"It's Christmas, stop worrying," said Deanna, chuckling as her father, Minerva, Pomona and Hagrid looked over her worriedly. "I'm fine. I really am." After that incident, Harry and the Weasleys stayed at 12 Grimmauld Place while Deanna and Hermione finished the rest of their classes until the break. None of them talked about the incident, and thankfully, they were both fine and not avoiding each other.

Over the break, Deanna visited 12 Grimmauld Place shortly with her father, reassuring them she was fine and asking how Mr. Weasley was. They couldn't stay long because Dumbledore had his duties, and he wasn't letting Deanna out of his sight for more than 5 minutes.

The Weasleys had all thanked Deanna for warning Dumbledore in time to save Arthur and even sent her a sweater and Shepherd's pie for Christmas. Deanna was just thankful that she was of help to her friends' children and grandchildren. She received gifts from some of the Hufflepuffs, who thanked her for giving them courage. Deanna waved it off, saying that they were the ones who found their courage. She just showed them which path to face.

She also received gifts from all her other friends, her uncle and her father, but the gift she loved the most though was from Hermione, another pair of socks, but this time they were yellow and printed with hotdogs. Aberforth had stopped by shortly a few hours ago, just to greet his niece a Merry Christmas. Deanna told him she would be coming to him later, and that cheered up the man a lot.

"All right then," said Dumbledore, smiling softly and holding his arm out. "You'll go see Aberforth now?"

"Oh, yes please, Pops," said Deanna cheerfully while taking his arm. She waved at the staff at the table. "Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas, Deanna!" They immediately chorused back as the Dumbledores left the Hall. When they turned the corner though, they met up with the ghosts who were beaming at them.

"Merry Christmas, Deanna, Headmaster!" All the ghosts said, grumbled, moaned and cackled.

"Merry Christmas!" said Dumbledore just as cheerful.

"Merry Christmas to you all," said Deanna, smiling back at them all.

"Are you going somewhere, Dee?" said Myrtle.

"Yeah, I'm going to meet with my uncle," said Deanna happily. "How about you all? How are you spending your Christmas?"

"I'm hosting a party later, dear Deanna," said Sir Nicholas. "You could stop by if you have time. You too, Headmaster."