v. the courage to let go

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

After paying for her wand, Dumbledore showed Deanna the Headmaster's Quarters where there were two rooms, one for each of them. After bidding her father good night, Deanna sat on her bed and smiled as she held the baby Fawkes in her hand. "This is amazing, Fawkes. I'm really back."

Fawkes let out a little cry in response. "There truly is no place like Hogwarts." Deanna said before setting Fawkes down beside her and kissing the top of the phoenix's head. "Good night, Fawkes."

The next day, Deanna woke up early because she would be visiting her friends' graves. Dumbledore told her as they got ready that their graves were in St. Jerome's courtyard in Godric's Hollow. Deanna knew that Godric's Hollow meant a great deal to her father. This was where her grandmother Kendra and aunt Ariana, who she was named after died. And this was where he had parted with the only one he ever loved, Gellert Grindelwald. Of course, Deanna knew all about him. That was the promise between the two Dumbledores. No secrets.

"Are you ready, Deanna?" Dumbledore said and outstretched his arm.

"Yeah, Pops," said Deanna before taking his hand, and in a split second, they Apparated to Godric's Hollow. Dumbledore led her through the graves and they stopped at the middle where there were three graves.

ARIANA DUMBLEDORE

1885 – 1899

From a simple spark may burst a mighty flame.

PERCIVAL DUMBLEDORE

1860 – 1891

You cannot love a thing without wanting to fight for it.

KENDRA DUMBLEDORE

1851 – 1899

The purest love found was in your eyes.

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Deanna wrapped an arm around her father's waist and let her tears fall. "I-I may have never met them, Pops. But I'm sure they're up there, watching over us."

"They sure are, Deanna," said Dumbledore tearily. "And they love you."

Deanna wiped her tears away and smiled up at him. "I love them too, Pops. And I love you."