x. defense against umbridge

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

On Monday morning, Deanna had gone down with a grin on her face. "Morning, Pops... Professor?" Her voice died down when she saw who was there. It was Umbridge, smiling widely at Deanna.

"Good morning, Miss Dumbledore," said Umbridge.

"Good morning, love," said Dumbledore with a serious tone. "Sit down." Deanna sat down with a questioning gaze at her father. He looked down at the sign on his table, and Deanna leaned forward to read it.

— BY ORDER OF —

The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge). No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor. Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed:

Dolores Umbridge

HIGH INQUISITOR

Deanna gritted her teeth to keep her calm because Umbridge was watching her intently. "If ever you're planning to make a group, Miss Dumbledore," said Umbridge. "You must know that you'll have to go through me first."

"Then, it's good that I'm not planning to make one at all, Professor," said Deanna, smiling naturally at her. Umbridge's eyes flashed, but she couldn't do anything with Dumbledore in front of them so she merely took a deep breath and nodded curtly.

"Good day," she said and left the room, slamming the door. Deanna slumped back in her seat while Dumbledore watched her.

"Do you know anything about this, love?" said Dumbledore.

"Nope, not at all," said Deanna, standing up and turning her back on him. "I have to go, Pops. See you later." She heard the faint goodbye of her father as she ran down the stairs and to the Great Hall. She saw that Umbridge was not there and sat down at the Hufflepuff table with Ernie, Hannah, Justin and Susan. To her relief, Zacharias was not there.

"Have you seen the sign, Deanna?" whispered Ernie.

"Yeah," she said gravely. "There were people in that pub. I don't think it would be one of the students anyways."