xxiv. encounters

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Deanna walked down the stairs while yawning. It was the day that she would go back to Hogwarts and her uncle and aunt let her sleep in because they wanted her to get all the rest she can before the start of the school year. Fawkes went off first because Dumbledore needed him for something, but at least, Anais still visited from time to time.

"Here you go, love. Eat well." Aberforth set down a plate of hotdogs in front of her and ruffled her hair. It was the last day that Deanna would be staying here so he and Ariana wanted to make sure she was well before she would go back. Deanna was everything to them and they both may have felt sad that they wouldn't have someone squealing every time they cooked hotdogs, but there was always the weekends for them to see each other.

"Ah, we'll miss you, Deanna. Study well, alright?" Ariana said softly, smiling as she watched her niece gobble her hotdogs. "And you can Floo to us anytime you need us."

"I will, Aunt Ari. Thank you for everything." Deanna grinned at them and gave them a hug across the counter. "Don't worry, I'll come visit anyways." Aberforth and Ariana just chuckled and let her eat.

A knock on the door made Deanna turn and look behind her. "Who is that? Come in!"

"Ah, Dumbledore Jr." The door swung open to reveal Sirius, Remus and Tonks.

"Sirius, Remus, Tonks!" Deanna ran to them and hugged them with a big grin on her face. "It's nice to see you three again."

"Yeah, it's been a long time, Deanna." Remus chuckled and looked over the girl. "Have you been doing well?"

"Yeah, Uncle Ab and Aunt Ari have been taking good care of me." Deanna then stepped aside to introduce them. "Uncle Ab, Aunt Ari, this is Sirius and Remus Lupin-Black and Nymphadora Tonks. This is my Uncle Aberforth and Aunt Ariana."

They exchanged greetings and while Sirius and Remus chatted with Aberforth and Ariana, Deanna noticed how Tonks was looking down so she pulled her to the side. "Are you alright, Tonks?"

"Y-Yeah... No." Tonks let out a sigh and smiled weakly at Deanna. "How did you know?"

"Your hair. It's usually purple or red." Deanna pointed out. "Are you heartbroken?" By the widening of Tonks' eyes, she knew she hit the bullseye.

"W-What?"

"You look like a person who got her heart broken." Deanna squeezed her hand reassuringly. "You can tell me about it."

"It's just that the girl I love broke up with me. She thinks we shouldn't get together because she's a Muggleborn and it will be dangerous for the both of us." Tonks sighed shakily and leaned her head on Deanna's shoulder. "But I still love her despite everything, and it just hurts. What should I do, Deanna?"