xxviii. tryouts for teams

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"It's good to see you again." Deanna smiled widely at the house-elves who greeted her just as cheerfully. It had been too busy for her to visit the kitchens due to homework, but thankfully, she could have some time now. Also, it was because her father was out often these days so she decided to go to the kitchens this time. She was worried about him especially after Hannah had gone out of Hogwarts because her mother was reported to be found dead. Everything was growing darker and she could only hope her father was fine. She knew he could handle himself but she was a daughter. She couldn't stop worrying.

"So how have you all been?"

As they brought her a plate of hotdogs and a glass of chocolate milk, Deanna conversed with them as if they were old friends who hadn't seen each other for a long time, but that was the truth. She did miss them badly and she treated them as her friends.

"Don't worry. The next time I come, I'll make sure to bring you all some Butterbeer. And we'll have a party." Deanna let out a small chuckle at the happiness in their voices as they cheered and chanted her name. They were like the siblings Deanna never had.

"Oh, Deanna, you're here?" Eleanor smiled widely and made her way to Deanna, giving the older Hufflepuff a hug.

"That I am, Eleanor. Hello to you too, Jem, Noah." The house-elves left Deanna alone with the trio of Hufflepuffs, letting them catch up with each other. Fifth year was a busy year. Deanna knew that because she often had to stay up late to complete her homeworks, and it seemed like it was also taking its toll too on the young trio.

"Here. It's scrumptious, and they'll give you lots of energy." Deanna slid over the plate of hotdogs to them and smiled. "Fifth year's proving to be hard eh?"

"It is." Jemina started complaining. "I can't believe we have O.W.L.s after this."

"Ah, it'll pass soon." Deanna smiled slightly at their exhausted expression. "You'll get used to it. Don't worry."

"By the way, everyone's excited to see you play, Dee." Noah said excitedly. "I can't wait for tryouts this Saturday."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that." Deanna grinned at them. "If you guys are trying out, I'll look forward to it then." She was a Quidditch captain now. She never thought she would ever get that position, but she didn't think she would be sleeping for 50 years as well. She would just do her best to make Hufflepuff the best team this year.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Deanna was at the stands, watching Gryffindor's tryouts so that she knew what she would be doing on Saturday. Of course, she asked Harry for permission before she came to the Quidditch Pitch.