xxxix. a sneaky badger

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Pansy!" Deanna waved to her, grinning as she made her way to the four Slytherins who grinned as well at the sight of her.

"Why look here, the little badger decided to grace us with her presence." Blaise stood up, towering over her.

"Who are you calling little?" Deanna pouted and tried to stand on her tip toes though failing to do so and falling on her bottom. The four Slytherins laughed, making Deanna pout even more.

"You're becoming smaller and smaller every day..." Theo joined in the teasing.

"Or maybe we're just growing and you're not." Pansy's remark made the four laugh harder.

"Gits." Deanna mumbled under her breath, crossing her arms.

"Oh, stop that, will you?" Daphne tried scolding the three who were still laughing though she too couldn't control her laughter. "You're just too adorable, Deanna."

"Hey." Pansy frowned, not pleased at that. Deanna smiled victoriously, sticking her tongue out at Pansy, and the five of them continued talking about relationships and their days.

"Draco's been acting strangely these days." Theo commented with a frown. Deanna and Pansy immediately exchanged glances. All of them knew Draco was a Death Eater and that he was doing something, but none of them knew what his mission was.

"Why? What has he been doing?" Daphne asked him.

"He goes off with these two girls, doing Merlin knows what." Blaise sighed and shook his head. Deanna remembered what Harry had said about Malfoy. He was visiting the Room of Requirement, and Crabbe and Goyle were taking the Polyjuice Potion to act like girls.

But she shouldn't be focusing on Malfoy now. She should be focusing all her attention on taking the memory from Slughorn. Dumbledore had reminded her that they would not have any lessons until she and Harry got the memory from him so yeah, they were getting more pressured as the days passed by, and it didn't help that he was trying to avoid the topic every time he and Deanna talked.

"Well, Merlin knows what he's doing, but maybe, he just wants to have his dates in peace." Pansy said, successfully making them laugh and diverting the topic from Draco Malfoy. She and Deanna shared a secret smile, knowing that they dodged a bullet.

As they talked and changed the topic, Deanna couldn't help but worry. Would Draco Malfoy be okay? She knew that whatever happened, the mission should not be carried out, but Voldemort... She just hoped they could find a way for everything to turn out right for everyone. Even if it was difficult, she would try her best to save Draco Malfoy from the dark path laid out for him.