xlvi. the aftermath of the breakup

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Deanna sat up slowly in bed and stared at Fawkes who was sleeping beside her. Weeks have passed since they bid goodbye to Dumbledore but she hadn't moved on yet. She did not talk to anyone but Aberforth, yet even he didn't get to talk to Deanna much. She promised herself she wouldn't be moping around anymore after the funeral, and she did keep her promise.

She used her days to learn more spells and read her father's books (trying not to think about a certain Gryffindor), being careful not to cast magic and make some plans. Sometimes, Aberforth would come. He was the Secret Keeper for their house so it was alright with her. Every time he went there, he could see how hard things were for his niece, but he did not say a word, knowing she did not want to hear it. He was worried, but he knew she was strong.

Deanna stood up and went downstairs, smiling at the picture of her and Dumbledore in the frame. She looked at the picture frame beside it, but it was flipped down so what was in it could not be seen. She reached a hand out hesitantly before pulling it back.

"You said it's enough, Deanna." Deanna sighed deeply. She was about to walk past it, but she turned back right away and turned the picture back up. It was a picture of her and Hermione hugging each other during the afterparty of Hufflepuff's win of the Quidditch cup.

She couldn't help her soft smile as she looked at the picture. She shook her head and flipped it down before she went to the kitchen and started cooking hotdogs. She remembered what happened here a week after the funeral before letting out a sigh.

Deanna paced around the kitchen in deep thought while muttering. "I know Jemina promised she'll go back to Hogwarts, but it's impossible for that arse to let her go that easily."

Fawkes let out a sudden cry that made Deanna confused. "What?"

"Who is the arse you're talking about?" A cold voice said behind her.

At the sound of his voice, the voice Deanna despised the most, she clenched her fists before turning around, meeting the evil smile of Voldemort and the same old Manor she was now familiar with. But there was something different, she could see a snake next to him. Regardless, Deanna ignored it and met his eyes with a glare. "Who else?"

"I don't know." Voldemort let out a chuckle. "Severus or maybe your dead father?"

"Shut up." Deanna said in a dangerous voice, her eyes flashing gold and meeting Voldemort's red eyes that flashed green for a moment before they went back to blue and red.

"What's this place?"

"Why? Are you going to kill me as well?"