Chapter 68 - Just One Week

Start from the beginning

"W-what?!" The villain looked around, annoyed. Unfortunately, he didn't notice the half-half dude DECKING him with a punch.

The day is saved.

"*phew*" Kaito glanced around, the pedestrians were untying themselves from the lane lines, everyone seemed to be ok. He noticed Endeavor kneeled down, hugging Natsuo and Bakugo for some reason, but didn't question it. Finally, he glanced over to Midoriya. "Midoriya! You ok?"

"Y-yeah. I'm fine!"

"Where'd that white line bastard go?!"
"He's been apprehended..." Shoto had the villain half frozen, he was still annoyed that Endeavor didn't kill him.

"Bakugo, Shoto? You guys ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Of course I'm ok, you idiot! How are the extras?!"

"If by extras you mean the BYSTANDERS... they're fine!"

"The people in the cars are all right too!" Midoriya added.

"You used Black Whip just now, right?" Kaito noticed. "You did great!"

"Yeah! It's our total victory!"

"Shut the hell up!" Bakugo interjected.

"W-why?"

"Is that really necessary, Explosion Boy?"

Bakugo ignored them, turning to face Endeavor.

"Hey! No. 1! Remind me what you said again?! 'During this winter, show me that you can take down a villain faster than me', was that it? Well?!"

"...you guys were incredible." To their surprise, Endeavor admitted that. "You covered for my mistake without wasting a single second."

"Why is this bastard being so modest all of a sudden?" Bakugo wondered. "He should be saltier, damn it!"

"Alright, Bakugo." Kaito tapped his shoulder.

"Huh?!" Bakugo noticed Kaito had a serious tone, and look. Kaito nodded towards Endeavor.

"Get away!" Natsuo pushed Endeavor back.

"Natsuo... I'm sorry." Endeavor spoke up in a saddened tone. "For a split second I thought to myself that if I had saved you there... there was a chance that you might never say a word to me again."

"W-what?"

"It's ok if you don't believe me. But it's never been my intent to shut any of you out of my life." Endeavor looked down. "What I did do was run away from responsibility, away from Toya, and of course, away from the fact that I killed him."

"You weren't trying to shut us out!? So what?!" Natsuo's eyes were filling up with tears. "Ever since that day I've been hearing Toya's voice in my head! There will never come a time where I forgive you, I'm not as kind as Shoto!"

"...even so, you came out today, for Fuyumi and Rei's sake, right? Fuyumi always looked up to the idea of a family, because I destroyed our own. But after seeing your sister relentlessly try to go back and start a new, you've also been trying your hardest to consider her feelings, haven't you? You're also a kind person... so that's why it's alright if you never forgive me... it's not like I want you to forgive me, I just want to make up for everything I've done."

"S-stop saying reasonable things all of a sudden!" Natsuo continues, even more tears running down his face. "Fuyumi just seemed so happy back then, but every time I see your face, I can't help but remember! Why do I have to be the only one to make an active effort to change?! You say you want to make up, but what do you think you can do?!"