Chapter 2 - Beginnings - Part II

After what happened, Kaito headed home, he thought a lot about what happened as he slowly walked along the path. All of the sudden, Kaito heard explosions on a street a few steps ahead. He ran in the direction of the blasts, arriving at the scene of another villain attack, this time, a slime, green sludge villain. The villain had already set fire and destroyed a couple of buildings. The pro heroes in scene were having trouble fighting the villain, none of them had the right quirk for the job, even the newest hero, Mt. Lady could even get near the villain, she needed at least a two lane road to move closer. Kaito noticed that the explosions that the villain was making looked a lot like the ones Bakugo make with his quirk. He saw in the middle of the villain something, he saw the spiked blonde hair, it was Bakugo! Kaito felt a chill rolling down his spine, Bakugo was a total jerk, but he was his friend.

"Fuck! What do I do?! What do I do?!" Kaito thought to himself, "None of the pros here can save him, they can't even touch the villain! Maybe my steam can burn the villain just enough to make him release Bakugo, but what if it doesn't do anything too?!" A thousand things flooded Kaito's mind, before he could do anything he heard the pros shouting something.

"No, you idiot! Stop! You're gonna get yourself killed!"

Kaito saw a short, skinny, green haired kid running towards the sludge villain, he knew that kid, it was Midoriya! Midoriya threw his backpack at the villain, his school supplies blinded the villain, just enough so Midoriya could reach for Bakugo.

"What the hell are YOU doing here!?" Bakugo angrily asked.

"I don't know! My legs they just started moving!"

Midoriya desperately tried to free Bakugo, but the villain's slime body made it impossible, "Out of my way!" The villain was about to attack Midoriya when a blast of steam hit his hand.

"Let them go! Slime BASTARD!"

"Atsuhito!" Midoriya was happy to see Kaito hovering using the steam pressure coming out of his hands. The villain attacked Kaito while Midoriya kept on trying to free Bakugo. One lucky hit from the villain and Kaito lost control, he fell to the ground.

"Now die!" The villain raised his hand to attack.

"These kids will get themselves killed!" The pros were about to jump into action, when a tall, blonde, muscular man blocked the villain's attack.

"I really am pathetic, I told you the traits that make a great Champion, but I see now that I wasn't living up to my own ideal!" He said, protecting the students, "Pros are always risking their lives, that's the true test of a hero!"

"Damn you All Might!" The villain shouted about to attack again.
"Detroit SMASH!"

All Might punched sending a powerful flow of air obliterating he sludge villain, shaking the ground and the clouds in the sky to the point where started raining.

It took everyone a second to understand what happened, but soon the crowd of people and heroes around cheered seeing the number one hero himself save the day once again.
Soon the press, the pros and the authoritiees surround the three students and All Might. Some pros praised Bakugo and his explosive quirk, offering him chances to join their agencies, while others scolded Kaito and Midoriya for their reckless actions. Kaito could see Bakugo glaring, angry.

"Young Midoriya!" All Might approached, "Although your actions were heroic, I must condemn you, that goes for you too, young man" he pointed to Kaito, "You will both make fine heroes someday!" Midoriya was surprised to hear that.

"B-Both?" He quesioned, All Might answered with a thumbs up.

Midoriya thanked Kaito before both went on their way home, Kaito was stopped by Bakugo.

"You did not save me, extra. All Might did, are we clear on that?!"

Kaito smiled, "Sure man, no problem"

Kaito finally arrived home, he was greeted by his mother, she was preocupied, Kaito never arrived late. He was so tired that skipped dinner and went directly to his room and collapsed on the bed. Kaito looked at his hands as he let out small cloud of steam, he remembered the events from earlier.

"I could have done more... If I wish to get into U.A, I'll have to train, a lot"

This is the story of a young man, with a weak quirk, becoming one of the greatest heroes the world has ever seen! This is the story of The Steam Powered Hero!