Chapter 50 - Go!

"Don't get too worked up about this." Aizawa suggested, calming the interns down. "The Big Three, even Atsuhito in this case, are one thing. They're strong enough to hold their own out there with the pros. But the rest of you will be minimally involved." He explained, then turned his attention to the other first years. "Asui, Uraraka and Kirishima. You didn't volunteer for this, and you're not obligated to participate in this, it's your call."

Uraraka got up from her seat.

"Mr. Aiz- I mean, Eraserhead. After everything we've just heard, I can't imagine not helping out, sir!"

"Yeah, if you're gonna let us be apart of this, I'd like to help however I can!" Tsu added.

"The heroes asked you to be in that meeting." Said Amajiki. "I don't think they would've want you guys there if they didn't recognize your abilities. I mean... I've seen for myself that a first year can shine much brighter than me." He looked down.

"You're gonna have to let that go at some point, y'know." Hado suggested.

Kirishima punched his fists, hyped up.

"If I can use my power to help that that girl even a little, then count me in Eraser!"

"Heh, with a team like this, Chisaki won't even know what hit him." Kaito grinned, excited.

Aizawa nodded in agreement.

"As long as you all understand. Our scope here is limited for now. Our only goal is to rescue Eri, we won't step in further than that. Given the recent events, neither the police nor Nighteye believe the League of Villains and the Shie Hassaikai have formed a partnership, so the chances are relatively low that the League will be involved in the raid. But if turns out they're mistaken about that and the League does end up making an appearance, you guys are out."

"Understood sir!"

~~~

A few days after the meeting... everything seemed to have returned to normal back at U.A, but for Kaito and the others involved in the raid, it was far from it. The rest of the class could sense that they were different, even so, they couldn't talk about anything.
Kaito felt a mix between worry and pumped up for action. After the first classes, he met his classmates at the cafeteria. He was wandering off, thinking about what happened when one of them spoke up.

"Hello? Earth to Atsuhito." Kaminari called his attention, laughing. "Are you ok? You look a bit off."

"Hm? Oh... yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking about something." He resumed to eat his lunch.

"You've been acting strange lately." Observed Tokoyami. "Midoriya too."

"Midoriya?" Kaito glanced over his shoulder, Midoriya was at another table. "Maybe I should talk with him?" He thought.

"Hawks said that you won't be returning to the Work Study for a while."

"Yeah. I'll be working on something else for the meantime. Nothing too serious." Kaito explained. "So... how's your new move coming along?"

"Working on it." Tokoyami replied. "After watching the replay of my matches during the last round of the Sports Festival, it helped a lot."

"Did it?" Kaito was surprised. "Maybe I'll do the same."

Kaito noticed that throughout the day, Midoriya looked anxious, and worried, he decided not to talk with him at the school, so he waited for the nighttime back at the dormitories. Midoriya would train every day after school, so Kaito grabbed two drinks and went outside to meet his classmate.

They were sitting on the stairs right in front of the dormitory.

"So... it's been two days." Kaito spoke up. "It's too quiet. The tension is killing me."