Chapter 9 - Battle Trial! - Part III

"Alright! I'll start scouting the building. You go on ahead." Kaito lowered his goggles and used his steam thrusters to lift off as Sato ran inside the building.

"What are they doing? Splitting up? Is that a good idea?" Kaminari questioned, back at the monitoring room.

"It is. In this situation the heroes don't know the location of their objective, so they split up to cover more ground!" All Might explained.

Kaito looked through the windows, checking each floor. When he reached the fifth floor he saw Sero finishing to place tape traps to difficult the acess to the room as Kirishima guarded the door.

"Sato, I got it, they're on the fifth floor." Kaito whispered to not draw attention. "But we can't fight here, they have the advantage, the room is covered with tape traps, we have to come up with something else."

"You see students? By scouting the building, young Atsuhito avoided falling right into the enemy's trap. Keep that in mind!" All Might noted.

"Atsuhito, I'll wait for you by the objective room." Sato spoke on the radio.

"Got it. I'm on my way."

The hero team grouped up to come up with a new plan.

"We can't fight this head on, as much as I'd like to." Sato spoke. Kaito looked around the building, thinking.

"We could punch our way in and hope for the best, but with Kirishima and Sero's tape we would lose for sure. We have to make they come out." Kaito's eyes gleamed, he had an idea. "Right! Here's what we gonna do!"

Kirishima and Sero had their battle stances ready, both eager and confident.

"Be ready, Sero. Atsuhito will come up with something for sure."

"I'm ready for anything!"

Kirishima and Sero were sweating, maybe they were nervous, but it wasn't just that, something was off.

"H-Hey, is it getting hotter in here?" Sero questioned.

"N-No... This isn't normal.. " Kirishima looked around, barely visible, a cloud of steam forming around the two. "This is... Steam!"

On the other side of the wall, right in front of the objective room, Kaito sent his steam into the room through the small cracks and holes on the wall, sneaky attack.

"It took some time since the room is big, but with temperature increasing like that in there, their only option is to leave!" Kaito Grinned, excited to see his plan in motion.

"Woah! What is he doing?" Uraraka questioned.

"He's forcing his enemies to abandon the missile!" All Might explained.

"But how's steam gonna affect the villain team? It's not like he's using fire." Kaminari commented.

"Steam is just as hot as fire. Soon enough the villain team will find hard to even breathe in there." Shoto commented.

"That's true! Soon it will be so hot in there that will be unbearable, they might even feint!" All Might added.

"Woah! But the hero team still needs to get in there to capture the weapon, how are they going to get in there with all that burning hot steam?" Ashido wondered.

"Young Atsuhito has already shown he can control his quirk with great precision! I'm sure once his team gets in there he can simply disperse his steam!"

The class gasped, all impressed with Kaito's control over his quirk.

Suddenly! Kirishima began running through Sero's tape! Cutting it!

"Here they come! Right at us!" Kaito warned Sato, who ate his sugar activating his quirk.

Kirishima broke the wall with a punch, taking the hero team by surprise. He then followed with another punch, but Sato blocked his attack with a punch of his own, clashing fists and making a shockwave.

"Atsuhito! Go!" Sato yelled, holding down Kirishima.

Kaito ran into the room through the breach on the wall, he noticed the path that Kirishima had cut through the tape.

"I got it! Eh?" He was surprised by a tape sticking on his leg.

"Not so fast!" Sero swung the tape, making Kaito meet another wall, head first.

"Now I just have to capture you!" Sero ran up to Kaito thinking he was stunned. He was surprised by a steam blast hitting his helmet, opening it's visor and making him fall on his back.

"You fell for it, fool!" Kaito taunted, approaching Sero.

Sero then pulled the tape on Kaito's leg, making him fall.

Kaito used his thrusters to avoid the fall.

"That was too close!"

"Gotcha!" Sero fired the tape from his other elbow.

Kaito dodged it and counter attacked with a blinding attack to Sero's eyes, since his visor was opened with the earlier attack he was defenseless. Kaito used the opportunity to rush to the missile and secure the victory.

"HERO TEAM, WIIIIIINS!" All Might announced.