Chapter 28 - A Strange Internship

(Author's Note: So, before we begin, I'd like to apologize for taking so much time to post. Turns out, this chapter, and the next one, were so much difficult to write than what I have imagined. I want to write something concise and true to the canon, don't want to butcher anything, you know what I mean? So I had to made some major adjustments on the chapter that I have already written, that explains the time it took, basically I had to rewrite everything, so this chapter might not end up exactly the way many of you expect to be, I'm really sorry, it is coherent though, I promise you that. So without further ado, let's get to it.)

~~~

"Everyone has their costumes right?" Aizawa questions the class. "You don't have permission to wear them out in public yet. And don't lose them or anything."

"Gotcha!" Ashido cheerfully replied.
"Speak properly! It's 'yes sir! Ashido..."

"Yes sir..."

"Make sure you watch your manners with the other heroes during your internships. Now get to it."

"*sigh* Oh boy, that's when the anxiety kicks in. Well, see you guys around. Good luck I guess."

"Uh- t-hanks, you too, Atsuhito." Midoriya replied. "Iida, wait!" He ran off.

"Tokoyami, Atsuhito... you're board to Kyushu, right?" Kirishima wondered.

"Hmm?" Kaito looked distracted. "Ah, yeah, that's right."

"Aw, man. that's awesome! You guys are gonna be interning with the No. 3 hero! How awesome is that?"

"It truly is a great opportunity." Tokoyami remarked.

"Yeah..." Kaito agreed.

"You look a little off, you ok man?"

"Yeah, I'm ok. It's just... Iida, he's interning in Hosu, where his brother was attacked."

"Oh yeah. I heard about that on the news. You don't think he's..."

"...going on a quest to avenge his brother?"

"That's one way to putting it..."

"Let's hope not..."

"Well, let's not just stand around. See you guys later."

"Yep, let's go, Tokoyami..."

The two embarked their train, and off to Fukoka they go. Fukoka is a large and heavily populated city on the northern shore of Kyushu, home of Hawks, and his base of operations. A while later, the train arrived at the station. They decided to walk to the agency, since it's not very far from the station. The streets are agitated and full of life, with a charming and very contemporary feeling. They arrived at a tall, important looking building.

"Hmm... this looks like it.." Kaito looked up.

"According to the address, it is."

"Alright." Kaito breathed deeply. "Let's do this.."

They walked in, the place had a modern look inside. They walked up to a secretary awaiting behind a desk.

"Oh, hi! You two must be Atsuhito and Tokoyami, from U.A High?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Wonderful. If you two would please follow me. Mr. Hawks is waiting."

She took them to a more unrefined room, where Hawks was waiting, sitting comfortably on a couch, while on his phone.

"It's the first time he takes interns, so we're kind of lost today." She opened the door. "Mr. Hawks, the interns from U.A High."

"Hm?" Hawks looked confused. "Interns?... Ah! Right!"

"That's a good first impression." Kaito whispered.

The two students bowed in respect.

"No, no, no! It's ok, don't need to be all formal. Name's Hawks, nice to meet ya!"

"Kaito Atsuhito. Great to meet you too, sir."

"Fumikage Tokoyami. It's an honor to be here."

"I'm sure you two are eager to see some action, right? Come with me. You guys brought your costumes, toothbrush, all that stuff, right?"

"Toothbrush?"

"Yes sir."

"Hey, relax a little. Don't need to call me sir all the time."

"Yes si-... I mean. Got it."

"You two did great at the Sports Festival..."

"I have a question. Is it true that you never had interns before?" Tokoyami asked.

"Yes, it is."

"Why's that?" Kaito wondered.

"Never really cared for all that stuff before. But something has changed. I can feel it in my feathers, something is about to happen."

"You mean, something bad?"

"It's just a feeling in my gut. I guess we'll all find out soon. Here we are. I'm about to go on patrol with some sidekicks, but you'll need your costumes if you want to join the party. Meet me down at the main entrance when you're ready."

"He's different from what I have imagined." Tokoyami remarked.

"Yeah. That's actually kind of cool, a hero doesn't have to be so serious the time. He's just being himself."

"He's certainly younger than I thought."

The two put on their hero costumes and went to the meeting point. Hawks was waiting with two sidekicks.

"Looks like there's a robbery taking place 10 blocks down south." One of the sidekicks spoke up.

Hawks lifted off at high speeds, flying towards the direction of the call.

"Come on, interns. You better be ready for some exercises!"

"Damn, he's fast!"

"You have no idea, rookie."

The two interns ran, following Hawks and his sidekicks. Unfortunately for them, this is all they're going to do for the week. Hawks is the type of guy that solves everything by himself. When they finally caught up with the winged hero, the situation is already under control. Hawks had never scouted anyone from the sports festival, and the motive had begun to become apparent. There he stood, coolly, on the top of a light pole.

"The next stop is the cantina, where they've got a customer going wild. You guys can handle the rest here. Remember, speed over power!" He flew off, again.

"W-Wait? That's it? We do nothing?" Kaito questioned. Tokoyami was still huffing.

"Yup. We sidekicks are mostly clean up duty. Hawks is just too darn quick. But he says this way is the most efficient."

"So, why did he call us in the first place?"

The day went like that. The two interns began to question their decision, and why Hawks had chosen them in the first place. They had questions, and needed answers.

~~~

A/N: Again, sorry if this wasn't exactly what you guys thought it would be. I promise this will get better, for now, that's all there is to it. Next chapter things get a little more spicy.