Chapter 6 - Quirk Assessment Test

The class met with Aizawa at the school training grounds. Aizawa mentioned a Quirk Assessment Test, most of the class were confused.

"What? A quirk assessment test? But we're gonna miss the orientation." Pointed out the cheery brunette girl.

"If you really wanna make it to the big league, you can't waste time with ceremonies." Said Aizawa in a serious tone.

He continued explaining how at U.A things were different, he had more room to freely teach his class however he saw fit.

"You've been taking standardized tests, but never got to use your quirks in physical exams before."

Aizawa explained how the class would be taking 8 physical tests, and they could use their quirks to get the best results. He called Bakugo for a demonstration of softball throw.
Bakugo used his explosive quirk to throw the ball, shouting "DIE!" aggressively as he threw it. The ball went flying leaving behind a trail of smoke and flames.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities. It is the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero."
Aizawa showed the class the result of Bakugo's throw. 705.2m.

"Wow! 705 meters? That's insane!"

"I wanna go! That looks fun!"

"That's what im talking about! Using our quirks as much as we want!"

The class grew excited to show their capabilities. Aizawa glared at them with a slightly scary look.

"So this looks fun? Today you'll compete in 8 physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes last has none and will be expelled immediately!"

Everyone let out a gasp of worry, except a couple of students.

Kaito looked at Midoriya, and saw that he had a specially worried look.

"Isn't that kind of harsh?" Whispered Kirishima.

"Well, it's expected from the U.A." Kaito whispered back.

"You can't send us home, this isn't fair" The cheery brunette girl stepped up.

"Oh, and you think natural disasters are? Or power hungry villains? Or catastrophic accidents that wipe out whole cities? No, the world is full of unfairness, it's a hero job to combat that unfairness. If you wanna be a pro you have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years U.A will throw one terrible hardship hardship after another at you. So go beyond. Plus ultra style. Show me that is no mistake that you're here."

"That is what I trained for." Smirked Kaito.

After that encouraging speech, pretty convincing btw, the tests begun.

The first test, 50m dash. Kaito waited eagerly for his turn.

"With my steam thrusters, this will be easy." Kaito was up against a blonde haired dude with a black lightning bolt. Once the starting shot went off Kaito blasted his thrusters, quickly reaching the finishing line.

"4.43 seconds!" Said happily the robot as he reached the finishing line, followed by the blonde lightning dude that completed in 7.30 seconds.

"Damn dude! You're fast!" The blonde dude approached smiling.
"Not fast enough it seems, but thanks!"

"I'm Denki Kaminari!" He extends his hand to greet Kaito.

"Kaito Atsuhito, nice to meet you Kaminari!"

The following tests were well balanced, every student is incredibly good at something.

Then the softball throw returned, Uraraka managed to get infinity, blowing everyone's socks off. Kaito stepped up, it was his turn.