Chapter 66 - Rise To Action

(Author's Note: Hello there, everyone! And welcome to the Steam Powered Hero, chapter 66...

I definitely did not rush these last few chapters just so I could make this joke. No, no, no... far from it. I'm rushing the chapters because I'm sure you guys are eager to see what's going to unfold from now on, yes, that's it, I understand, y'all. Now, without further ado, let's get to it! Good reading! Kisses!)

~~~

Endeavor noticed the interns ready to follow his lead, angered he insisted.

"I told you to stand back and watch!"

Kaito, who's faster than any of them, took the lead, catching up to Endeavor. Listen, this guy trained with Hawks, ok? THE Hawks, y'know? Number 2 hero? Yeah, that one.

"With all due respect, sir. We didn't earn our provisional licenses to spectate."

Endeavor groaned, but continued forward, respecting the steam guy's commitment. Kaito looked back, the others still followed, but were still in his dust.

"How's that for dead weight, Explosion Boy?" Kaito chuckled, then increased his speed, leaving them behind.

Kaito followed Endeavor a few blocks down, they arrived at the scene of what appears to be a lunatic. A old man spewing nonsense about a prophecy, he had a long beard and a tunic, he was also floating on spheres made of the glass from nearby buildings. By the time they got there, the old man created a giant glass sphere and was ready to attack the citizens down below.

Endeavor bursted through the sphere, destroying it from inside out.

"So you can control glass? That's a fine skill old man. What I'm not getting is why you thought you could get away with this in my territory!"

Steampunk arrived at the scene, shielding the office workers from the nearby buildings.

"You guys ok?" He asked, they looked scared, but not injured or anything.

"Y-yeah..."

"Hey, you're that Steampunk kid!"

"One and only. You guys evacuate now, it's about to go down."

"Right!"

The flying old man noticed he was outnumbered by the Number One Hero and Endeavor... ;). So he retreated, trying to lose the two in a corner.

Endeavor went after the villain, so did Kaito.

"He's here!" The old man yelled.

"Yes master!" Out of nowhere, a bunch of random dudes armed with random weapons such as bats or pipes, used the blind spot of the corner to ambush the two heroes.