A Motive To Kill

Nagisias pov

It's been whole week since we were locked up in this place and so far we haven't been successful in finding a way out but on the bright side we have been able to bond with one another. There's been no conflict and it's seems like everyone's starting to trust me. If things keep going this smoothly then I'm sure we'll find a way out in no ti-

"alright brats head to the gymnasium pronto! Your headmaster would like a word"

We were all frozen where we stood. This is the first time korokuma called us out. This can't be good.

"oh marco I'm scared!" martsia whined hugging the boys arm.

"Well why are you whining to me about it!" he yelled.

"cause your so strong and you'll surely protect me" she said cuddling into him.

"listen lady the only person I'm going to protect is my little brother" Marco insisted.

"anyway I think it's best if we go see what the bear wants" neji said. The others agreed and we headed down.

Once we arrived at the gymnasium door masaru grabbed my sleeve nervously. I smiled reassuringly at him.

"it's going to be ok masaru. Whatever that bucket of bolts throws at us we can handle!"

He nodded with a confident grin and we headed inside to find korokuma in the middle of a rant.

"it's been a whole week and you spineless dipshits still haven't killed yet!" he turned to us with a grin "honestly nagisia, masaru I expected more from you seeing as killing came so easy for you"

"we're not like that anymore!" I yelled "we've changed!"

"you mean thanks to your adopted fathers?" my blood ran cold "well I have just the thing to help convince you. Follow me!"

We reluctantly followed him to the RV room where there was a bunch of tapes with our names on it. This feels fermillier.

I took my tape and put it in. My heart stopped at what I saw. It was a video recording of dad sitting in the president office with a sniper gun pointing at his head.

"nooo!" I yelled sitting up. Judging by everyone else's reaction the saw something similar.

"hahaha that's right you basturds I have the location of each of your family members and if a killing doesn't started then well I sure wouldn't want to be them" he chuckled darkly

"holy shit this can't be happening" sanji muttered in disbelief.

"mommy" yaku sobbed.

Everyone was rightly freaking out. We were all scared out of our minds and we carried that fear back to our dorms.

I sat in bed that night twirling a pocket knife around my fingers. The same question kept running through my mind. Should I kill someone to save dad? Sure killing someone would spare his life but it would also mean I broke our promise and not only that I would have to sacrifice masaru and the others to escape. Can I really do that? I'm I really that cold blooded?

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. Has someone come to try and kill me? I can't be too sure so I took my pocket knife to protect myself with and cautiously opened the door.

Standing outside the door was masaru. He signed "may I come in?"

"Umm sure" I muttered letting him in.

He sat down on the bed and signed "I've been thinking alot about what I saw. Mr Leon's been really kind to me and I want to protect him and miko at all costs but I also don't want to sacrifice you in the process. In the end I don't think I can choose between you both"

I took his hand "seems we both came to the same conclusion. Guess we're not killers after all"

He smiled genuinely at me. After a while he signed "can I stay at your dorm for the night"

"sure thing bud" I said as we both snuggled down for the night.

Little did we know that a tragedy is taking place not too far away.