Sacrifice

Nagisias pov

Korokuma handed us out some food which I was grateful for and we all took our places at the stands.  It's time to find the killer among us. Hopefully for the last time.

"okay so how did the taro die? His head looked like it suffered some trauma" polo said tearfully.

"I believe he was killed by a sukujin" dominic said confidently.

"what's a sukujin?" pan asked

"as I've already explained to nagisia a sukujin is a weapon make from rope and a weight. It was made to throw at a victim from a far distant" dominic explained.

"ah I see so the killer hid somewhere and threw it at taro when he wasn't looking?" peako said.

Wait that's not right.

"that's more or less what happened yes" dominic said

That contradicts everything I found

"so someone threw a weight at his head? What a awful way to go" archie said tearfully.

"no that's wrong!" I yelled

"huh!?"

"I do agree with you that the weight is what killed him but I don't think it was thrown at him"

"why not?" pan asked.

"Well just look at the end of the rope. It's clearly been cut. If you were simply throwing it then there would be no reason to cut the rope!"

"maybe the killer simply cut the rope cause it was too long" akamaru suggested.

"that's possible but the fact that I found a piece of rope tied to a hook makes me think overwise"

"Well when you put it like that I have to agree" domanic said

"what do you think happened nagisia?" chidori asked.

"I believe that the weight was tied to the hook and hung over the bar on the ceiling. The killer cut it and the weight fell on taros head"

Neji gasped.

"what's wrong?" akamaru asked.

"I just realised something" neji muttered "there's no way yaku didn't notice the weight hanging over his head. It would have been really obvious. So he must have stood there knowing exactly what would happen."

" so your saying it was a suicide!?" peako gasped.

"I'd say it was a type of suicide" I agreed "but yaku still would have needed help cutting the rope, from where he was standing he couldn't have cut it by himself. I'd say the only person he would have trusted with that task was... You hinata "

"wow you got it right" she said smiling sweetly at us "you all did so well I didn't even have to give you any hints!"

Before I could say anything korokuma popped up demanding that we vote for someone. So we all choosed hinata... And got it right.

"why kay!? What about your promise? Your the one who said we shouldn't give up on hope" I yelled clenching my fists in anger.

"I did it because of our promise"

"huh?"

"I made a promise to only find a way for everyone to eat again ." she sighed "yaku came to me the day we were trapped in here and asked me to kill him so that everyone here could escape. For such a timit boy he sure had a kind heart. We both agreed that we couldn't let you all die a pointless death after everything we've been through. So that's why I killed him"

I fell to my knees "why? Why did this have to happen?" I burst into tears. I couldn't take it. I didn't want to keep watching my friends die in front of me! Haven't I lost enough!

"it will be ok nagisia" hinata said giving me a warm hug "the end is near, I can feel it! So you just gotta hold on until then"

"let's give it everything we've got! iiiits punishment Time!"

"goodbye friends"

Kay was placed in what looked to be an RPG game. A health bar was above her head. A title appeared saying.

Hinata hinatas punishment
Game over

Suddenly a bunch of bosses from RPG games popped up. They took out there weapons and beat the girl to death. There was alot of screaming and blood but once her health bar reached zero she faded away like a video game character.

I couldn't save another person. Am I really that useless? Masaru came over and hugged me. That's right my best friends still alive. I can't give up yet!

"thanks buddy" I said greatfully. I took his hand and led him to the elevator with the others.