Chapter 2- He was different

Grace's Pov

I woke up the next morning the sun beaming on my face. "GRACE!!!! are you up!!!!" Pansy literally screamed from our bathroom. My head ached from the lake of sleep I had gotten. I tossed and turned a lot last night. "Yesssss! I am up!" I yelled back at her. "Oh hey okay good we need to go down for breakfast." I got out of bed and changed into black jeans and a emerald green shirt with my Slytherin robe over it.

I was nervous to start classes today but luckily me and Pansy had ever class together. So that was a relief. We finished getting ready and walked out of our dorm with our arms linked laughing.

She was funny and nice to be around if you needed a smile. I already knew we were going to be great friends. We made it to the entrance of the Great Hall. It was huge and laughter filled the air as we walked in. I caught a few eyes on me and turned my head to see the golden trio looking at me.

I already knew it was them because of my brother always complaining about them, but I learned to not judge people off my brother. "Good morning ladies." Blaise said to us with a smile. Pansy sat next to Blaise and I sat next to Crabbe. We just talked about classes starting and they were filling me in on what to expect. Until Draco walked in and sat next to Pansy. Again saying nothing just sitting there.

I was finally a little hungry so I went to reach for the last green apple when I felt a cold hand touch mine. I looked up to see none other then Draco staring at me with his hand on mine going for the apple as well. "I think I will take that." He said to me with a disgusted look on his face. I didn't know what to say it was like I froze so I just moved my hand and turned away.

Pansy was right he was an asshole, but I felt determined to know why. We finished breakfast and started heading to our first class Potions with Snape.

We all got to sit together since there was no assign seating in this class. We all just laughed non-stop with each other until Snape finally yelled at us. But just with my luck he ended up separating us up. Pansy sat with Blaise Crabbe sat next to another girl from Slytherin and me well I got the glory of getting to sit next to Draco.

We all got up and moved I sat down first then Draco came over and slammed his books on the desk while sitting down. What the hell was his problem. Class was finally done it felt like forever, and Draco didn't say one word the whole time.

All I got was cold hard stares for no reason. I mean he doesn't even know me. When class was done I got up and walked to Pansy. "How was that?" She asked with a sympathetic face. "It was fine I guess. I mean he doesn't talk to me so whatever." She just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders.

I knew she had a nice class since it was pretty obvious she liked Blaise. The rest of the day went by pretty fast we walked to ever class together, ate lunch together, and me and Pansy hung out in the common rooms for a bit. Pansy had gone up to bed so it was just me sitting on the couch by the fire in the common room. Well that's until Draco walked in.

I didn't say anything he just came and sat in the chairs across from me. It was dead silent all you could hear was the fire crackling. "Why don't you ever talk to me, and when you do your an ass about it?" I couldn't hold back that question any longer. He didn't answer he didn't even budge. "Are you just going to ignore me like I am not here?" I was getting upset at this point because all I wanted was an answer. "If I didn't answer I have nothing to say back. But you couldn't see that obviously." He finally said back.

"I just want to know why." I was searching for an answer now. "What do you want me to say to you. Good morning every morning? Or goodnight every night? Were not friends like you and your bestie Pansy your just Crabbe's sister."

Well that is not what I expected, but really what the hell did I expect. "Well okay then was that hard to do?" He rolled his eyes back at me. He stood up and walked over to me. Every step he took closer sent a tingling feeling through my body. I felt vulnerable.

But why? He was not right in front of me I could smell the his strong cologne. He bent down and whispered in my ear. "When I have something to say I will say it." He stared in my eyes for a second. Our faces inches apart.

Then he walked away from me and up to his dorm. What was that? What did he mean by that? Why did he make me feel like that? I finally decided to go up to my dorm. I laid down but questions filled my mind about what had just happened.

What did he want?