Chapter 44- Peaceful for now

Graces Pov

I woke up calm and peaceful this morning. A change from normally a thousands things rushing my mind the minute I open my eyes. Pansy must have come in here late last night I could hear her in our bathroom as I woke up. "Oh hey Grace" she said as she walked out of the bathroom "Morning" I said stretching my arms out. "How did you sleep?" she asked sitting on her bed

"Pretty good how about you?" I asked smirking knowing she was with Blaise last night "Oh shut it" she said laughing throwing a pillow at me "But I slept decent" she said getting off her bed. "Well that is good" I said also getting off my bed beginning to get ready. "Ready" she asked as we both finished getting ready.

"Yep" I said smiling. We walked out of our dorm to through the halls to the Great Hall. Chatter was louder today as we found our seats next to the boys. As we walked down the aisle to our seats I made eye contact with Draco. Ours eyes locked and time stopped.

The words from his note played in my head as I watched him "Grace" Pansy said breaking the stare. "Oh sorry" I said not seeing how close we were to the table. She sat in the middle of Blaise and Crabbe as I took my seat next to Draco on the other side. "Morning girls" Blaise said putting food on his plate "Morning" me and Pansy said in union.

"How did you sleep?" Crabbe now asked us passing a plate along. "Uh good actually" I said smiling looking down at my plate "Yeah me too" Pansy agreed "Well that's good" Crabbe said taking a bite of food. A cold hand met the inside of my thigh I looked down to see Draco's hand resting there as he held a conversation with Crabbe. I went back to mine with Blaise and Pansy.

Breakfast seemed fast we talked most of it and were now already heading to class. We took our seats seconds before Snape walked in. He looked flustered and worried. I turned to see Draco noticing it too. I grabbed Draco's hand getting his attention "Is he okay?" I asked worried "I'm not sure" he said back sternly.

Class went on as normal there would be some weird moments, but it was pretty normal. The rest of the day flew by as we were already heading back to the Great Hall for dinner. "Today felt fast" Pansy said sitting down "Yeah it flew by" Crabbe added to her. "Grace" I heard a voice call from behind me.

I whipped my head around to see none other then Harry Potter standing there. "Uh hey Harry can I help you?" I asked confused. "Can I talk to you...alone" he said looking at the hard stares he was getting from Pansy, Blaise, and Draco. "OH yeah sure" I said getting up.

They all gave me weird almost worried stares, but I followed Harry out to the halls. "Whats up" I asked as we stopped behind a corner "Are you and Malfoy dating?" "Uh yeah why" I asked confused "Stay away from him Grace he is a death eater so is his mother and father. Stay safe." he said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Harry please stop that's crazy have a good dinner now okay" I said as we started to walk away. How did Harry know this. He always knows everything. I knew I couldn't admit to it especially because it was Harry Potter and who knows what the hell he had going on. I walked back to the table thinking of all the ways he could know that about Draco and think it was true.

"What did he want?" Draco asked as soon as I sat down "Oh he just asked how I was doing" I responded quick. Draco gave me a confused look but didn't question me further. The rest of dinner was pretty fast some conversation here and there but not as much as usually. Everyone seemed tired. "Ready to go back" Pansy asked me standing up "yeah" I said standing right after her.

We all started walking through the halls back to the common room splitting as soon as we entered the door. "Well I feel tired so goodnight" Pansy said giving me a quick hug "Goodnight" I said back pulling away. Her hand Blaise made there way up the boys stairs to his dorm. "Get some sleep sis" Crabbe said giving me a look

"okay goodnight" I said rolling my eyes sarcastically. I turned to Draco wanted to shower him in hugs because of the gift and note he left for me yesterday. "Draco thank you so much for the gifts yesterday they were beautiful" I said as our eyes melted together "Of course" he said back grabbing my hand looking at the ring he gave me.

I let go of my hand holding up his for me to see. There was a placing dark ring sitting on his right ring finger "Pull it off" he told me. I slipped the ring off his finger looking on the inside were it it hand Grace craved in it. My heart jumped when I saw it. I slipped the ring back on looking down and blushing.

I intertwined our finger and rested my head on his chest as we stood in the common room by the girls stairs. "Are you coming with me?" I said taking my head off his chest "I will I just have to grab something from my dorm okay" he said looking down at me "okay" I said back as he gave me a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

I let go of his hand and made my way up the stairs as he walked over to his dorm. The day really did go so fast like one minute we were in potions the next we were heading to dinner. I slipped into comfier clothes and crawled in my bed.

I was tired but going to try and wait for Draco. More time past and he hadn't come yet. My eyes were getting heavy and eventually I just let them shut.

Dracos Pov
I walked back to my dorm right as I opened the door seeing a black envelope on my the little table by my bed. Slowly I made my way over to it unsure of what it was.

I picked it up ripping it open and taking out the parchment that was inside.

Dear Draco,
You have to come to the manor right in the morning tomorrow the Dark Lord wants to speak to you privately. I am not sure what it is about by son my instincts are telling me it probably is not good. Pack a bag and be ready for me to get you tomorrow morning in the back of the school. You will only be gone for one night. Get some sleep tonight I love you. And send some of my love to Grace.

love, your mother

My stomach turned reading this. Anytime the Lord wanted to speak to you privately it was never going to be good. Rave filled my body quick. I threw the letter down slamming it on the table before grabbing a bag filling it with a few things.

My hands started to sweat thinking about just being alone in a room with him. I put the bag beside my bed quickly laying down as it got later. Damnit. I forgot I was supposed to go back to Graces dorm, but surprise to me I have to go a deal with this now.

There was no point in telling her I have to leave right in the morning. I knew she would be mad but there wasn't much I could do now.

A thousand things filled my head as I let my body relax and fall asleep.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!!! Sorry for the short one but it is a detail for the next couple chapters!! I hope you are all enjoying as much as I enjoying writing. We are growing fast and I can't believe it! I love you all and appreciate everything so much!! I will be back to posting regular with more coming later or tonight!! There going to be so good I hope you like!