Chapter 50- Goodbye

Get your tissues ready this is going to be a crying fest! I suggest listening to music like A Thousand Years and Turning Page for the sake of this chapter! Love you all <3 enjoy

Graces Pov

"Okay but like I feel like I ate so much what the hell" Pansy said laughing making us all giggle a little. "He is dead" someone yelled bursting through the doors. We all turned to see a student standing there.

"Who?" Hagrid asked standing up "Dumbledore he is dead laying on the grass below the astronomy tower" the student yelled flustered. No. Draco did it. I looked up at Blaise our concerned eyes meeting each others. Teachers ran out of the Great Hall followed by students.

"Excuse me excuse me" I said pushing through the crowed "Grace wait" Louis called from behind me. I didn't stop for a second. I finally made it through seeing Harry walk over to Dumbledores lifeless body. My head was spinning a million things through my head. Students and teachers beginning to raise there wands.

Everything felt as if it was in slow motion and whipped my head around looking for a way out of the crowd now. I pushed through people stumbling a few times. I can't believe it. I need to know if he is still here I need to see him. "Grace slow down" voices called for me as I ran through the grass in the castle.

Hands grabbed my arm pulling me back "Just wait a second" Louis said trying to relax me "Is he still here?" I asked breathing heavy "No Blaise said he left why would he be here. Grace you need to stay with me we don't know who did this" he tried holding onto me but I slipped from his grip. Louis, Pansy, Crabbe, and Blaise watched me run away through the halls but never went after me.

I made it up to his dorm pounding on his dorm but no answer. I ran over to my dorm flinging the door open. I noticed something laying on my bed. A letter. No no no I didn't even want to read it. I knew it was from him, but I needed to know what it said.

I grabbed the letter off my bed tearing right though it to get to the parchment. My hands began shaking as I started reading.

Dear Grace.

Hello my Grace. I am sorry that I left and didn't say anything but I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye to you. I had to go not only to protect you but to protect me. But I did it I finished my task. I know you are probably thinking well then why did I leave.

I left because you don't deserve this you need to have a better life not one were your always worrying about something or risking your own life. I don't know what the Dark Lord holds next but I couldn't drag you into it. I want you to let me go for now or maybe forever.

You are the best thing that has happened to me Grace. You took me out of the cruel darkness I lived in. Showing me love and passion. I never thought I would feel this way about anyone, but then you came and I couldn't help it. You make me weak. You make my heart beat a million miles per hour. I will miss your laugh and your smile, but most of all your soft touch that made me feel safe.

We are still young and I want you to continue life find a great guy that will be there for you no matter what. I have learned the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away. You have a place in my heart I thought no one could ever have. You have also showed me you will always love your first love. They will always be in your heart, always.

Grace this is my way of saying I love you. I always have. I am sorry for not saying it until now, but it took me time to fully accept that I fell in love with you. Something I thought I would never be able to do. Something about the way you laugh, smile, move, talk, kiss, feel, and love makes me feel like I can't live without you. But I can't be selfish.

I also promised to protect you and leaving was doing that. I am sorry for anytime I hurt you Grace I really am. You will forever be apart of me and maybe one day we can be together and I can give you the life you deserve the life I wish I could have gave you now.

I want you to take care of yourself. Stay safe and close with Pansy, Blaise, and Crabbe. I hope to see you one day again. I love you Grace so much.

Goodbye.

Yours only, Draco Malfoy

My heart shattered right here. Hot tears came pouring out of my eyes hitting the paper I held in my hands. I closed my eyes tight wanting to scream. He is gone. The boy I would give up my life to be with is gone.

I would have fought day and night if it meant I could have been with him. I love him. My legs felt week as if I was going to fall over. My head got foggy and I became dizzy "Grace" is the last thing I heard before collapsing to the ground. I wanted to give up right here.

I opened my eyes again tears immediately pouring out again. "Grace are you okay please talk to me" Pansy voice came through my ears. "He's gone" is all I said as I laid there in her arms.

Dracos Pov

"Why are you here?"my mother asked worried. "It is done" I said back numb. Her face soften and eyes widened a little. "Snape did it" I told her throwing my bag down. "But dear why are you here right now? If you did it you should be there at Hogwarts" she said confused.

"I had to go. I had to leave Grace and Blaise and everyone. They don't deserve to be dragged through this especially Grace" I explained tears coming down my face. "Oh Draco I am sorry" she said grabbing me to her chest. She held me there and I felt warm and safe just like I do in Graces arms.

"This isn't goodbye forever I know it" she said kissing my head "The love you two shared is to strong to just fade away this is all for now just trust me" her words soothed me.

We sat there on the couch together my head in her chest as we held each other close. This was all I had left.

I am balling right now. I just can't!!!!!!!! Don't hate me for this! This won't be the end of Grace and Draco there love is strong! We are nearing the end and I am so thankful for everyone that has read I love you all <3 there are still chapters coming but this is the beginning to the end of this story ;) Let me know how you feel and I will post more tomorrow goodnight loves