Chapter 52

-Athena-

It been two days now, two days since the party, two days since we were informed of the vampires' arrival in Vancouver city, yet no one seems to be bothered. I think, out of everyone in the room, I was the only one who was worried. Even Theo didn't seem to be bothered when I told him about it. 'Relax love,' was all he said. I mean, come on, am I the only one who is worried? If the cronies are here, I'm sure Amunet will follow soon. How is no one bothered about this?!

''Athena, its two in the morning, please come to bed love.'' Theo's groggy voice breaks my chain of thought. I stop pacing around the room and give him a blank stare.

''This is not good Theo, soon they will be circling the borders and none of you are worried!'' I throw my hands in the air.

''You're overthinking this, Athena. Just calm down, come to bed. You need a good night's sleep. Selene is doing the spell today, remember?''

Well shit! The spell, oh goddess, the spell is tomorrow, I mean, today! How did I forget that, when it was the one thing I was worried about? Has it really been a week? No, it can't be.

''The spell....'' I breathe out.

''Yes, love, it's tonight. Just come to bed please,'' Theo pleads with me. I watch as he slowly gets out of bed, walks up to me, puts his hands around my shoulders and guides me towards it.

''You're sure it's tonight right?'' I look at him, my fingers grazing his cheek.

''Yes, love. So, I need you to be at your fittest today. Come now, we can skip training today and you can sleep in.'' I slip into my side of the bed as Theo does the same from his end. He pulls me closer to him and begins to draw soothing circles on my thigh, before I knew it, I had drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning it was already past ten. By instinct, my hand flew out to the empty spot next to it. Theo's side of the bed was cold, meaning he was up very early this morning. I sit up and rub my eyes as I stifle a yawn.

The smell of bacon, eggs and coffee wafts around the house as I make my way down the stairs. I half expected to see Theo, waiting downstairs for me, but he wasn't. Instead, there was a rose and small note, placed on next to the coffee pot.

Meet me at Selene's after breakfast.

I love you.

A silly smile forms on my face when I read his note. He didn't even have to sign it for me to know it was from him. His handwriting was proof enough. I couldn't take my eyes off the note, even as I grabbed my cup of coffee and sat the counter.

I was about to take my first bite of the bacon when Charles sauntered in the house. ''Look who's finally awake!''

''Is it necessary for you to shout?''

''Is it necessary for you to breathe?'' he pulls the chair opposite mine and sits on it.

I roll my eyes at him and continue with my breakfast. ''Why are you here?'' I ask him after a long silence, which was weird since this is Charles we're talking about.

''Umm, I'm always here Athena,'' he picks a strawberry and bites into it.

''Right, of course, but don't you have any work to do?''

''Like?'' he picks another strawberry and chomps on it.

''Oh I don't know, maybe looking into pack matters, being the manager for Theo's company, pack finances and all that!''

''You're one to talk, aren't you the alpha of this pack?''

Well that hit a nerve. ''Why, you little piece of-''