Chapter 16

-Athena-

''Leo, wait! You're being unreasonable here. We could have sorted it out instead of storming off like this!'' I yell at him as we leave the restaurant.

''Really Athena? I'm being unreasonable? This whole night was doomed from the beginning!'' He yells back.

''Okay Leo, people are starting to look. Let's just get in the car and talk okay?''

''Yeah Athena, let's get in the car. Oh wait! There is no car since someone punctured all my tires!!'' he shouts, louder this time. Oh goddess this is embarrassing. I try to lower my head so that people don't recognize us.

''Okay that's it! Leo look at me,'' I walk to him and grab his face in my hands. ''What is the problem exactly? Why are you behaving like this? Look, I know this isn't the best date, we had a few problems here and there but that does not mean that you start behaving this way!''

''Athena, I'm sorry....'' He starts. 

''No! No Leo, I'm tired of you apologizing all night. Listen to me, I know that you wanted this to be a really fancy date but then everything went wrong. Nevertheless, the night is still young and so are we. So what if we don't have a car or that our fancy dinner got ruined? We can still salvage this,'' I tell him.

''How can you be so positive after everything that just happened back there and from the looks of it, it might rain too,'' He says, looking up at the sky.

''Well if it does, we'll take advantage of the rain and dance in it!'' I shout excitedly, ''I'm told it's romantic,'' I wink at him.

He grabs me by the waist and pulls me closer to him, ''Oh is it?'' he whispers. ''Ohh yes it is,'' I whisper back. ''Very well then, from this moment forward you're in charge of the date. We will do whatever you want to, since it's obvious that I'm bad at planning these things. That okay with you?''

''That's perfect. I'm great at planning,'' I smile at him as he kisses me on the nose. 

''So what do we do now boss?'' he jokes.

''Well for starters, let's get the hell of out here,'' I say and pull him along with me.

We walk along the street, hand in hand, marveling at the lights and the buildings and also dancing along with some of the street musicians when my stomach decides to make it's notorious rumbling.

''Oh god no, this is so embarrassing,'' I say while clutching it tight.

''Wow, someone's hungry,'' Leo teases as he eyes me. ''Ughh don't start,'' I roll my eyes at him.

''Come on, I know a great place that serves ramen, just around the corner here.''

We walk into the quaint restaurant and take a seat in one of the tables by the window. The waiter comes and takes down our orders, promising the food to be ready in 15 minutes.

''I hope this one doesn't mess it up,'' Leo says with a deep sigh.

I couldn't help myself but laugh. ''It's not funny Athena,'' he frowns.

''Ohh but it is. Come on, looking back at it, it is funny. Don't be grumpy okay, just enjoy.''

The food is served soon and we both enjoy our hot bowels of ramen. Leo pays for it, although I insisted that I should, since I'm in charge but he flat out refused saying that, even though I'm in charge, it's still a date and there is no way he is letting me pay.

After more walking, hand holding, dancing and kissing we decide to head back home. This time he agreed to take a cab since the nearest Uber was 40 minutes away from us.