Chapter 50

-Athena-

Hot?

Cold?

I didn't know what I was feeling. I think I was floating. I couldn't feel the floor. My head felt heavy, my skin was on fire. But then again, it also felt ice cold. Is it normal to feel both at the same time?

I could hear murmurs. At first the voices were faint, but then they gradually got louder. I could make out three different voices. Two females, one male. The male voice was closer, I wanted to know who it was. But for some reason, I couldn't open my eyes. My lids were heavy. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't do it.

I thought I had lost feeling until I felt fingers clasp tightly around me. ''Athena can you hear me?'' I heard the harsh male voice. I wanted to reply, but I couldn't. I didn't have the strength in me. A rush of heat passed through me making my body jerk up.

''Athena!!'' The voice shouted. Suddenly I was being pressed onto something hard. It was chest. Someone was carrying me, their hands clasped tightly around me.

''Put her down!'' Someone yelled. A female, but this voice was different, not like the other two. This voice was soft and melodic, yet it still held command. I felt the cold floor beneath me through my already wet t-shirt. It felt nice, but it could only last long before another wave of heat hit me.

''Athena, honey, please open your eyes,'' I heard someone plead. It was a familiar voice, Lila. She's still here?

''You need to go Lila. Nadia needs you,'' Another female voice I recognized said.

''But, Mila. I couldn't possibly leave Athena,'' Lila sobs. ''She's.... oh goddess.''

''Charles and I are here, '' Mila says. ''Go, please, you need to there for the birth.''

Nadia was giving birth! How long was I out? And Charles is here? Who is the third female then? I hear receding footsteps. Guess, Lila finally left.

''Athena, why did you not use the herbs I gave you?'' I hear a crinkle of plastic. Ohhh, so that's Selene. She sounds worried. I felt a warm hand touch my forehead, before someone muttered a string of curses. ''Where is Theo?!''

''He's coming. He's at the border.'' Charles replied.

He's here! He's here! I need to stay awake, I have to open my eyes. With new found vigor, I try to pry my eyes open, when a flash of heat courses through me, my whole skin felt like it was lit on fire. This one was the worst. Worse than the other times, which led to my eyes snapping open on their own accord and an agonizing scream escaped me.

Two strong hands held me from behind, trying to calm me down. But the fire was too much. I began thrashing around, my arms flailing and hitting whoever was in the vicinity. My wolf was clawing at the back of mind, wanting to get out and mate. But I couldn't let her, I had to reign her in, she was going crazy.

''Athena look at me,'' Selene held my chin in her hand and forced me to look at her. ''You're strong, you can do this. Just hold on.'' She then gestures to Mila, who quickly walks forward, and with the help of Charles, pins me down to the floor. ''I'm going to apply the salve, okay, it will reduce the pain, but only for a short time.''

She dips her fingers into the packet, a strange smell wafts out of it. It wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't terrible either. She applies the salve over my forehead, then behind both of my ears. Her fingers touch my mark by mistake, which is currently the most sensitive. A low growl escapes me, as my skin begins to tingle.

''I'm sorry, it was by mistake,'' she quickly apologizes.

She further applies the salve down my arms. Then lifts my t-shirt up and finally puts some on my belly. From the corner of my eye, I notice Charles looking away in respect. ''Put her on the couch,'' Selene demands. ''The ointment will keep her body cool for a while. Let's hope for her sake, that Theo reaches soon. At the rate that she's heating up, the ointment will wear off faster than expected.''