Chapter 6

''Yes.... yes...thank you very much. I really appreciate all the help. Thank you again. Good day to you too,'' I put the receiver down and sigh in relief.

As if on cue Nancy walks in, ''The lawyers?''

''Yeah....''

''What did they say? We need some good news,''

''Well we do have good news. The contract with the other company has been terminated. No breach of clauses either, so that's good.''

''That's amazing Athena.''

''Yeah so we will now call for a meeting with Scott.... uhh sorry Leo and start the manufacturing.''

''All that is really good Athena but I'm worried about you. It's been two days now and the dark circles under your eyes are so prominent.''

''I'm fine Nancy, really. The coffee helps,'' I fake smile but she sees right through it.

''Apart from being your assistant Athena, I'm also your friend and I can see right through your lie. So out with it.''

''I'm fine Nancy,'' I tell her. 

''No you're not, you are going through something and I want to help you with it, please tell me.''

''Nancy I......just let it go...please, I'm fine.''

''I'm sorry Athena, I'm not letting it go,'' she walks to my cabin and locks it from inside then walks to the couch and makes herself comfortable, ''talk.''

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose, ''okay.... well I think, I have a problem....''

''You've been having a lot of those lately so you need to specify,'' she interrupts and I shoot her a glare.

''My brother paid me a visit 2 days ago and he said something that keeps me awake at night.''

''You have a brother? How comes I didn't know that? is he hot?'' Nancy cries out.

''Down girl!! Yes, I have brother and don't even think about it...he has a fiancee or girlfriend or I don't know.... it's complicated.''

''Okay...okay... more on that later, let's get back to you. What did he say that has got you.... well this way?'' she says pointing at my face.

''He told me that...he told me that I have suffered a...a memory loss and that he can help me if I go home with him. He also told me that I will regret so much once I get it back...and...and now I don't know what to do?'' I place my head in my hands.

''That explains it.... Did he mention anything about a timeline? Like a period of dates or maybe months of memories you're missing?''

''You thought so too didn't you? and no he didn't mention, or rather I didn't even bother to ask, simple because I was not ready to believe it,'' I confess.

''And now you're?

''I....I....I don't know Nancy...I don't know what to believe. I mean, there is no way I can even know that it's true.''

''I had my suspicions Athena, when you just walked into the office 3 weeks ago and started to get back to work as if you hadn't been away for a year. You also thought Clarissa was still on maternity leave, you didn't even know we were manufacturing with a new company when you were the one who gave the order in the first place.''

''Hold on a second, did you say year? Year? I was away for a year? And you mean to tell me that I have no memory of it at all?'' I practically yell.

''I think the answer to everything you just asked me is, yes.''

''Ohhh dear, all this time Ethan was telling the truth....and I just...ughhh I just pushed him away.''