Chapter 42

-Athena-

''It's almost a week since you came back from New York and you've not told me why you went there in the first place,'' Nancy walks into my cabin complaining. 

She has been asking me the same question every morning since Monday. And I've always managed to avoid answering her.

''Ahh, good that you're here, I've have gone through the documents Oliver sent me. I have approved them, please have them sent back to him.'' I hand them to her without looking up from my laptop.

''I know you're avoiding my question, but I'll get it out of you.'' She grabs the file and marches out of my office.

Ever since we came back from New York, things around the penthouse have changed. Theo has now moved into my room with me, since it's obviously bigger than all the rooms in the house. He even surprised me by sending lunch over to my office on Tuesday. How he knew I had skipped lunch to get ahead of my work beats me.

Leaning back on my chair, I think about everything that has transpired from the moment I came here. My company, my house, my memory loss, Scott resigning, the party, Leo, the brief period that I dated him. Oh goddess, what was I thinking? Granted, I don't have my memory but I kind of did cheat on Theo, while he stayed loyal and patient, waiting for me.

Damn it, I was so stupid months ago. I thinking stupid doesn't even cover it. 

If I had the chance to go back and re-live all this, would I change things? The hell I would, I would change quite a lot. But then again it would affect the future and I might not be where I am right now.

I take my phone and open the gallery to find the picture Mila had taken of Theo and I kissing on the streets of New York. I smile a little at it, locking my phone.

Theo Argent. Strong, sweet, calm, Theo Argent. My mate, the man I was paired with by the moon goddess. The man I was destined to fall in love with. The man I'm in love with right now, regardless of whether I remember my past moments with him or not. 

Whatever did I do to deserve him? Maybe I don't deserve him. I've been so arrogant and selfish while he has been sweet, calm and understanding. Maybe.....

My thoughts are interrupted by a loud knock on the door. I look up to find Leo Grey's deep blue eyes staring at me in confusion.

''Athena, hi. Is everything okay? I knocked thrice.''

''Leo, hi. Yeah, yeah I'm okay. Everything is great. Please come in. To what do I owe the pleasure?'' I straighten my back and smile at him.

''I had come to discuss the progress of the company and offer some insight. I had spoken to your assistant. She did tell you I would be stopping by, right?'' he walks in and sits on of the chairs.

''Ahh yes, yes she did tell me,'' I suddenly remember Nancy telling me on Tuesday about Leo coming. ''Sorry, I was a bit pre-occupied with my thoughts. So, tell me, what can I do for you today?''

''Well, I'm going to keep it straight and to the point. Your sales have obviously sky rocketed and you've managed to cover the loss from last year by just two productions. Nightshades' reports look good,'' he starts.

''Why do I sense a but?'' I squint my eyes at him.

''Surprisingly there isn't,'' he chuckles. ''I know this rarely happens, and my company is happy with the amount of business you're giving us. I'm also told you're also looking to start the designing of your next line of collection. So that will of course mean more business for me.''

My next line! Of course, the fall collection. I had promised Rebecca I would come up with something. I do have a few ideas in my head but I haven't had the time to put them on paper. Oh my, with everything that has been happening I completely forgot about it. It's been two weeks since I had that conversation with Rebecca. I really need to start focusing on the new designs.