Chapter 12

-Athena-

''Hi There. My name is Athena. I'm here to meet Leo,'' I tell the secretary, who is the only other person on this floor apart from me.

Leo's office is big!! And I'm guessing this is his private floor. ''Sure ma'am. You have an appointment?''

''Just tell him it's Athena Robinson who's asking to see him.''

''Sure ma'am just hold on, please have a seat.'' she then goes through her computer looking for my appointment I guess. I hope Leo told her.

I take a seat on one of the couches and look around. Not that there is much to see. It's all plain with shades of grey and white with a few showpieces here and there.

''Sir, your 10 o'clock is here,'' I hear her say. ''Sure sir, thank you sir,'' and she puts the receiver down.

''Ma'am? Mr. Grey will see you now,'' she says. I walk past her and smile at her in thanks.

I place a soft knock on the door and here a muffled come in. I walk in and feel like I've entered a movie hall. The office has LED lights that are dimly lit and true to his word there are no glass windows or doors and the color is, wait for it.... Grey.

''Athena!! Hii!'' I hear Leo say excitedly from his chair. ''Come on in, have a seat.''

''Hi, you good?'' I ask and take a seat on the opposite side of the desk.

''I'm good now,'' he chuckles making light blush appears on my cheeks.

''Ahemmm...so.... that thing I wanted to talk to you about....

''That Amunet is a vampire. I know,'' he replies and I stare at him shocked.

''And yet you're okay in doing business with her! Doesn't the stench bother you! ugghh,'' I felt bile rise up my throat just from remembering it.

''I don't have a choice Athena. She is my number one client. Also, Scott and her had good relations. Honestly, I was also skeptical when I first met her. I was very close to breaking the contract too. But we had a sit down with her, as hard it was, and she assured me that our personal enmity has nothing to do with our business.''

''And you sure about that?'' I ask.

''Positive. But...that does not mean that I will turn a blind eye to the interaction between the two of you at the party. I saw the anger in her eyes. It was not just business rivalry.''

''I know Leo. I saw it too. We both challenged to bring each other down and she has played her first move. Now it's my turn.''

''And you want advise from me, or?''

''No...no...no. I have that figured out. I just wanted to talk to someone who understood the risk.''

''Ohh...yeah I get it. But Athena listen. Amunet is old. Like very old and incredibly strong.''

''Well so am i...not the old part but I'm strong, '' I say haughtily.

Leo chuckles at this, ''Ohhh don't I know. You are strong Athena; you have the strength of an alpha. But Amunet is a 600 year old vampire who seems to have a grudge against you. Sooner or later she will attack. You need to be prepared.''

''You're right. But where in the city can I train, you know...in wolf form,'' I whisper the last part.

''You can speak freely in here Athena. No one's going to hear you,'' Leo says.

''Yeah well I can't risk,'' I shrug.

''Training in wolf form will be a problem but I do know a place where they train you to fight. Human form of course. Hand to hand combat and by the use of weapons too.''