Chapter 41

-Amunet-

''Two days! I leave town for two days and wench manages to fund a gala and exhibit her designs!!! How? How did she do it!'' I bawl out. ''Arrrggggghhh!!!'' How, how does she end up finding ways to one up me?

This is the second time she's done it, first she managed to turn the tables on me at the fashion awards and now, even after I ruined her whole photo shoot she somehow found a way to host a gala and that too in two days.

Estaban who was lurking in the shadows of my study steps out. His hands crossed behind his back as he opens his mouth to speak up.

''My queen, I'd like to believe that all this is because of her mate. Just think about it, he has been by her side since the fashion show and has helped her overcome every attack we throw at her. He's her strength.''

''Ahh yes, yes, yes of course. You're right Estaban. I've been blinded by my rage so much that I completely overlooked the Argent boy. He is her strength, her rock, her mate.''

I walk towards the large window of my study, overlooking the lush garden surrounding my property. ''I know what we have to do Estaban.''

''I think I know what you are about to say.''

''On three then,'' I face him, a smirk playing on lips.

3......2......1......

''We separate the both of them.''

''We kill him!!'' Estaban cries out.

I quirk my eyebrow. ''Okay, that did not go as expected. You want to kill an Alpha, Estaban?''

''My apologies, my queen. I thought that is what you were thinking as well.''

''Not to worry dear. Killing is part of the plan, but not yet, not right now. I was thinking of alienating the both of them, keep them away from each other,'' I pace around my study.

''What if we abduct Theo Argent?'' Estaban suggests. But looks away when I snap my head towards him.

''Hmmm, Go on.''

''We gather a large amount of wolfs-bane, corner him and inject him with it. We will need about fifteen vampires for that.''

''Maybe even more, Estaban. He is an alpha, the strongest one in Canada and most probably the whole of North America. He could crush Alpha's like Leo Grey in a matter of minutes. Fifteen vampires would be nothing against him.''

''You're telling me. He is so ripped; he could easily tear through five vampires without even putting much effort.''

''If you're done praising the boy, mind if we go back to plotting,'' I snap at him.

''Sorry, yes please.''

''First of all we need a very huge amount of wolfs-bane, putting him down won't be easy. We might have to sacrifice some of our own, Estaban. As calm as he looks, he won't come quietly.''

''I will have my best men on this and start working out the details of the plan,'' Estaban says.

''It must be an elaborate one, Estaban. I want no mistakes. We've played a lot of games with the wolves. It's now time to think big, no more sabotaging, no more mind games. This time we will inflict serious damage.''

''So, what happens once you have Athena alone. You'll just kill her?''

I stop my pacing, grab a bottle from the bar cart and pour myself and Estaban a drink. ''Laced with A-.'' I wink at him as I hand him the glass of scotch.

''Hmm, just as I like it. However, you didn't answer my question, Amunet,'' He stresses on my name.

I smirk at him through the rim of my glass before taking a sip. ''Four hundred years and yet every time you say my name, it rolls differently off your tongue.''