Chapter 3

-Athena-

''Athena, I've got Scott for you on the other line,'' Nancy voices over the intercom.

''Okay, thanks,'' I reply and change the line. ''Scott, how are you?''

''Athena......my precious, would it be so hard to believe that I was expecting your call?'' I roll my eyes at his nickname for me, for a guy missing his front tooth, he sure has a peculiar way of pronouncing the word 'precious'.

''I'm guessing the correct answer to that question is a no?'' I answer him, trying to play safe.

I hear his laughter through the line, ''ohhh my precious, you sure know how to answer diplomatically. Anyway, jokes aside, tell me, why is it that you have called me months after hanging up on me?''

Hanging up on him? When did that happen? I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and try to rack my brain for information but get nothing. What the hell is happening?

''Athena precious, you do realize that the one purpose of a call is to actually talk don't you?'' his voice makes me come back to reality and I almost drop the phone.

''ohhh right, sorry; I totally zoned out,''

''A habit I assume you picked up this past year, you never used to do that,'' he replies and at that point I didn't have anything to say to him so I just chuckled.

''Listen umm.... Scott, I'm really sorry if I hung up on you the last time we talked.'' If that is even true. I would never hang up on him; he is important to the company.

''I would like to have a meeting with you to talk about re-signing the contract, we would very much like it if you would consider doing business with us again,'' I tell him.

''Well you know I never miss an opportunity to see you my precious, of course I would love to meet up! Tell you what, why don't we get together for a dinner two nights from today; we can discuss more on this proposition. Is that okay with you?''

Ughhh dinner with this old oaf.......by the end of the night he will have said my precious more than a thousand times but I'm desperate at the moment and he is the only one who can save my company.

''Dinner sounds wonderful Scott, just email me the time and place and I will be there,'' I reply with fake enthusiasm.

''I'm surprised you agreed immediately, I expected a bit of hesitation from your side but then again you are in need of me aren't you?'' he replies slyly. I resist the urge to slam my hand on the desk and tell him off but I control myself.

Damn Scott, trying to rile me up. I take in a deep breath and reply, ''I'll wait for the address, see you in few days.''

''I'll see you soon precious,'' and with that he disconnects the line.

''Uhh ohh...that bad huh?'' Nancy walks in my cabin and takes a seat.

''Ugghh don't even start....'' I reply holding my head in my hands. ''What did he even say Athena?''

''He invited me to dinner the day after tomorrow, that's when we will discuss the terms of contract. I just hope I get him to manufacture for us and then things can go back to the way they were.''

''oooooohhhhh you scored a date with Scott,'' she teases and I glare at her.

''first of all it's not a date, it's a business meeting and secondly, gross.''

''desperate times call for desperate measures, don't they?''

''You know it Nancy. Well I guess I'm done for today, I'll see you tomorrow morning,'' I tell her as I get up to leave.