Chapter 13

-Charles-

After Athena slams the door shut, I rush into my apartment and dial the first number on my phone. He picks up after 2 rings, ''did you see her?''

''See her? No man, I met her. And she is in trouble.''

''What do you mean trouble?'' Theo asks from the other side of the line. Worry laced in his voice.

''She just came home and she is bleeding man. The worst part is that it wasn't just her blood I smelled,'' I try to speak as lowly as possible in case Athena hears me. One can never know with wolf hearing.

''what has she gotten herself into,'' Theo says. ''I really don't know brother but I'm going to find out. I have to go now; I hear someone getting off the elevator,'' I tell him.

''Okay man, just keep me updated. I'll try to come as soon as possible.''

-Athena-

''Who the hell does that neighbor-wolf think he is. Just because we are of the same kind doesn't mean he can just ask me personal questions,'' I grumble in anger.

I hop into the shower and clean off the now dried blood and grime. This is the second time the vampire bitch attacked me, albeit the first one was not personal.

I tend to my wounds and bandage my arm. I need to do something before there is a third attack. Although my gift to Amunet might count as my first move. I think.

I pick my phone up and call the one person who I trust in this city. He immediately picks it up. ''Athena I knew you'd call, though today's class is over already.''

''Leo, I need to tell you something. Amunet attacked me tonight,'' I say and his breath hitches.

''She what? Are you okay, did she hurt you?''

''It was not her in the flesh but she did send two of her vampire minions to kill me.''

''and you're sure it was her who sent them? Did they happen to mention this to you?''

''Of course it was her Leo, why would vampires suddenly corner me in the middle of the road?'' I yell in exasperation. ''Besides I didn't have time for chit chat because they were busy trying to rip my head off!''

''Okay, okay, calm down. I'm coming to your place right now,'' he says.

''I didn't call you to ask you to come, I'm fine. Scratched up, but fine, I'll survive.''

''then why exactly did you call me Athena?''

''I called because I wanted to let you know what a conniving bitch that Amunet is and why you should not be sucking up to her.''

''With all due respect to you Athena, I do not suck up to vampires and you should not be telling me who to do business with and not. In case you forgot, you're not the only alpha around here.''

Well that hurt my pride but he is right. I shouldn't be telling him what to do. ''Yeah, yeah you're right. I'm sorry, I crossed a line here,'' I tell him and disconnect the call.

Great. Just great. I single-handedly managed to push away the one friend I had made.

I walk to the kitchen and grab my dinner. I make myself comfortable on the couch and am about to take my first bite when I hear the elevator ding and after a few seconds my doorbell rings.

''ugghh what now?'' I grumble and make my way to the door, ready to give a piece of my mind to whoever it is.

''Seriously, can a girl get...'' I start to yell but I'm engulfed in a bone crushing hug.