Chapter 24

-Athena-

''Nancy what's wrong?'' I ask her as we make our way backstage.

''Matt, one of the helpers called, someone's trying to ruin our clothes,'' she quickly tells me. We pass by Theo who shoots me a worried look. I shake my head at him, indicating that it's all good.

We are met with Matt who looks pretty messed up. ''Matt, what happened?'' Nancy asks.

'I don't know! I don't know Nancy. One second I was here making sure the models are in place and the next, I'm suddenly fighting with Darren here,'' he explains, clearly freaked out.

''So you don't remember picking up a fight with him?'' I question. 

''Nnn...no ma'am,'' I'm sorry-"

''Hey, it's okay no need to apologize. Just go clear your head okay,'' I pat him in the back and turn to talk to Darren when Theo walks in.

''Hey, is everything okay, you look worried?'' he asks.

I'm about to reply when I see Nancy signaling me to come towards her. I look at her in confusion at first then start walking towards her. ''Sshhhh.... listen,'' she whispers.

We both lean on the wall, I used my enhanced hearing to focus on the sounds. two voices, definitely male and human talking to each other. ''Hey man, do you have the tools?'' one of them asks.

''Yeah bro, look for the rack labelled 'Nightshade', we need to destroy them all,'' the accomplice replies. A gasp escapes me and I take a step back in shock only to collide on to something hard, I lose my footing and trip on my dress. ''Oh shit,'' I curse and close my eyes for the impact but it never comes.

Instead, I feel a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, I open one eye and peek.

''You okay?'' Theo says as he props me up.

I let go of his hands and compose myself. ''Yeah, thank you.''

''Athena, what now?'' Nancy asks, panic visible all over her face.

''Ummm.... let me think of something,'' I start pacing around, trying to come up with something.

''Hey, what if you switch?'' Theo suddenly speaks up. 

''Switch. Yes, yes, we could do that!'' I squeal then quickly cover my mouth in case the men hear me.

''Okay umm.... will you help us?'' I ask him, not entirely sure if he will be up for it.

''I'm here Athena. What do you need?'' he asks. My heart flutters at this but I quickly push the feeling away.

''Okay, so can you distract them, keep them away from the storage room. While Nancy and I go do the switch. We still have about 45 minutes until the performances so I'm sure none of the models have their outfits on yet. ''Okay got it, be careful okay?'' he says.

''Always am,'' I reply and pull Nancy along with me. 

''He is so sweet Athena. I'm telling you again, let's keep him,'' Nancy says in an excited voice.

''Keep you voice down Nancy, ''I whisper-shout at her. ''And he is not a pet okay, show some respect!''

''Oooooohhhhh so we're getting defensive now are we?'' she teases. 

By that time, we have reached the storage room, I push Nancy behind me and we both lean against a wall as a vampire stench hits me hard. Oh goddess, I should have known. She wouldn't have left this place unguarded.

''Okay change of plans. Nancy, I need you to flirt your way through those two. Can you do it?''

''What! Me? I...I think you should do it Athena. I...I don't think I can pull it off. You go.''