Chapter 57 - Part I

The outskirts of the city are a place where no respectable person ever goes. It's the domain of the vampires. It's where they strive, it's their turf, and we were about to walk into it. The closer we got, the more my anxiety grew. I could sense his presence, he was here.

''Theo?'' I mind-link him, ''If you can hear me, I'm coming for you, just hang in there. I love you.''

''Athena what is it?'' Charles looks at me in concern. I'm guessing he saw the worried expression on my face.

''I was just trying to mind link Theo. They are here.'' I glance around at the multiple pairs of eyes looking at me.'' I can sense his presence. Nancy is there too, I just wish Theo would-'' I stop mid sentence as I felt buzzing sensation in my head.

''Athena?'' I hear his voice.

My whole body shook, and my eyes closed, relishing in the sound of his voice, even though it was weak and strained. A lone tear rolled down my cheek and I suck in a breath.

''Love, is that you?''

''Yes, yes, Theo it's me. I'm coming, j-just hang in there okay?''

''It's too dangerous love, they are too many.''

''I don't care! I'm almost there. Is Nancy with you?''

But I don't get a reply. The connection faded and the link was cut off. ''Damn it!'' I curse.

''What was it Ena?''

''Theo managed to reach out,'' I wipe the tear off my cheek. ''He's really weak, we need to get there as fast as possible. I cannot afford to waste more time.''

''Neither can we,'' Michelle adds. ''The warriors are all in standby, as is Sean.''

''Sean's here?'' I look at the ginger haired woman, who is staring back at me.

''Yes, and let me stop you right there,'' she glares at me. ''No one wants to hear your lecture. There are already here, and are waiting for your signal.''

''Okay fine, '' I roll my eyes at her. ''I wasn't going to say anything anyway,'' I grumble the last part.

''You are one heck of a woman, Michelle Reed,'' Leo glances at her and smirks. 

We all notice how Ethan's hand immediately reached out for Michelle's and he entwined his fingers with hers. Talk about being possessive. Like hello, we can all see the mark on her neck. I chuckle at the pair of them. Charles on the other hand, is glaring at Leo and mumbling something about how he needs to stop hitting on taken women and find his own mate.

''Guys, it's almost midnight,'' Hazel whispers sharply. ''We need to get going.''

''Uhh, not to be the one who is always that person,'' I start and look around at the lot of us, ''but don't you guys think all of us walking in there at the same time is not a good idea?''

''I agree with you,'' Leo nods and sends me a small smile.

''No surprise in that,'' Charles grumbles once again. A sharp nudge from Ethan though shut him up.

''Athena's right,'' Noah chimes in. ''It is not wise for all of us to march in there. Who knows what's waiting for us, it could be a trap.''

''I'll go with alpha Athena,'' Jayden offers.

''Absolutely not!'' I almost yelled. My voice came out harsher than expected and the boy immediately backed down.

''It's only fair that I go with her,'' Charles speaks up. I'm surprised he didn't mumble since that's what he has been doing for the past fifteen minutes or so.