Chapter 5

-Theo-

''Thanks for coming man.''

''Thanks for calling, how is he?''

''See for yourself, he has spiraled. I've tried everything but he seems to be losing it,'' Charles replies as he leads Ashton to the living room.

''Goddess he is a mess,'' Ashton says as he takes in the state of the living room and Theo who is sprawled out on the couch.

''He started drinking last night and hasn't stopped, it's almost 24 hrs now,'' Charles says while looking at the clock.

Ashton walks over to the couch, ''Theo.... hey man...can you hear me?''

''What...uh...I yeah...who is it? What's the time?'' Theo grumbles and tries to stand up but miserably fails.

''It's night time Theo, you've been drinking for 24 hours now.''

''Guess he broke a record here, should I call Guinness?'' Charles asks but shuts up when Ashton glares at him.

''I'm fine, Ashton you didn't have to come all the way here. I'm okay,'' Theo says and gets up.

''Are you sober?'' Ashton asks him, crossing his arms over his chest.

''I'm moderately functional.''

''I'll take that as a no. Theo look, you need to snap out of it. Athena wouldn't want this.''

''Athena doesn't remember!!!! She doesn't even care!!! She left!!'' Theo yells and both Charles and him take a step back from his sudden outburst.

''She does care, it's just that she doesn't remember you man. You sitting here, drowning in alcohol is not helping!''

''Then what do you want me to do, huh? Because I have done everything I could possibly can to try and find Selene to reverse the spell. I searched in every corner possible but she has disappeared. There is nothing that I can do,'' Theo whispers and sits on the floor with his head in his hands.

''You need to look at this from a different perspective man, cause from where I'm standing, the witch is not the only way to get Athena back,'' Ashton says. Theo looks up at his friend with hope in his eyes.

''You can help me get her back?''

''I can give you a push Theo but it's you who has to swim to get across.''

''Didn't peg you to be so philosophical Ashton,'' Charles teases him.

''Ohh you have no idea.''

''What can I do man? tell me,'' Theo gets up and grabs Ashton by his shoulders.

''I will, but not to you.... I mean not to this version of you. I want to speak to the Alpha you. The man who wants to get this mate back. Not some loser who has given up and taken to alcohol just because his woman left him. Can I get that man?''

Theo nods at Ashton and starts picking up the empty whiskey bottles.

''I'll get this place cleaned up Theo, you go and shower because you stink buddy,'' Charles pushes him towards the stairs and pats his back. ''We'll bring her back, I promise.''

''You know Theo; I didn't think you were the type to lose your sanity for a girl.''

''I didn't either,'' he replies from the top of the stairs.

''Come see me when you get back to the man you once were,'' and with that Ashton leaves the house.

-Athena-

''Stupid Leo, stupid men!! of course he would think that.... seriously how hard is it for them...can't a woman be happy on her own? Is it necessary that it has to involve a man! Argghh I'm so sick and tired of this misogyny!!'' I grumble to myself in the elevator.