Chapter 56

The air in Toronto was different, there was something sinister about it. Everyone felt it as soon as we got off the plane. The hair on the back of my neck rose and my whole body stiffened. We were at the arrival gates now and were waiting for Michelle and Noah, who were still getting their luggage.

''Can you all sense them?'' Ethan asks. Before we landed, he had the idea to form a type of group link where we could communicate with each other efficiently rather than having to repeat one thought multiple times. It is usually easier to create if everyone is part of the same pack, but after putting much energy into it, Ethan managed to do it. Save Selene, the rest of us were all part of it.

''I think I may have spotted a few too,'' Sean replies.

''Do they have to smell as disgusting?'' Jayden says and makes a face.

''Control that face boy, you'll offend someone!'' Charles scolds the young wolf when he notices a few passers by looking at him in concern. Jayden immediately composes himself and looks down in shame. That caused a laugh to escape me.

''Come on, let's go.'' I put an arm around the young boy and lead him away from the mean looking beta. ''Have you ever been to Toronto?''

''Uh, no. It's my first time,'' he replies shyly.

''Ohh. I wish it were under better circumstances. Don't worry though, there's always a next time.''

I continue making small talk with Jayden, all the while keeping an eye on my surroundings. I'm sure the others were doing the same too. My only worry was Selene, the woman was a wanted face in the vampire community. If even one of these blood sucking devils recognized her, chaos would ensue.

''Psst....'' someone whispered from my left. ''Psst, Athena, Athena?'' the same someone pulled my coat from behind making me stop in my tracks. I turn around only to come face to face with an unfamiliar face, and yet somehow, it felt familiar.

''Do I know you?'' I cock an eyebrow at the stranger. Although that is arguable.

''Guess?'' the woman smirks devilishly. I take in her scent. Maybe that might help me remember, but I get nothing.

''Umm, Barbie but shorter?'' I take in the woman's appearance. Tan skin, beach blonde hair and sparkly baby blue eyes.

''What? No, it's me,'' Barbie wannabe whispers harshly.

''Me, who?'' I lean down to her height and whisper back.

She smirks at my reaction and reaches down to her jacket pocket. Again, that jacket looked vaguely familiar. I notice the rest of the group staring at us, knowing smirks playing on their lips. Hmm, what do they know that I don't?

''Do you see this?'' the short woman shows me an old mobile phone. One with the keypads and dial buttons. ''It's a sel, a SEL!''

''Umm, no. That's a cell and that too an outdated one.''

''Athena, sweetie,'' Michelle walks up to the pair of us, ''It's a Sel,'' she widens her already big green eyes and slowly nods her head.

Why was she acting weird?

''A Sel, Athena. A Sel.''

''Ohh!! Yess!! It's a Sel indeed,'' I finally understood them. ''But how?'' No one bothered to answer me, and they began walking ahead. ''Okay then,'' I purse my lips and follow the rest of the gang out.

''The stench is getting unbearable. Let's get out of here as fast as possible,'' Noah whispers harshly and starts to fast walk out of the airport. It took us more than fifteen minutes to get to the main exit gate. Some of the few disadvantages of having a huge airport. Sometime in the future after all this, maybe Theo and I can get ourselves a private airstrip.