Chapter 49

-Athena-

''Again!!''

''What? Come on we've been at this since 05:00 in the morning, Theo. Look, even the sun has risen, the birds are chirping, even the pack members are beginning to wake up,'' I complain as I get up and rub my bruised behind.

As agreed last night, Theo and I are currently training. More like him training me and me landing on my butt for the most part of it. I did manage to hold my own a few times but he easily overpowered me.

''Again, love. We still have one more hour to train.''

''Ughh, fine,'' I wipe the sweat off my brow, relax my shoulders and focus my gaze on my mate, who is standing on the other end of the field.

''On the count of three, you come at me,'' He shouts.

''Oh you bet I will,'' I smirk as thirsty invades my senses again. Seeing Theo shirtless, his muscles rippling at every step he takes, makes me and my wolf want to jump his bones. ''Arghh, shut up!'' I scold myself and wipe the sweat off my forehead again. Boy, am I sweating today. ''Think of something else, think of Ethan, mom, no Charles. Charles in heels. Yes. In heels and a flashy pink jacket.''

''Athena, I said three! What are you doing? And why is your face scrunched up like that?''

''Huh, oh sorry,'' I blink. ''Sorry. 3...2...1...'' I count and run forward. Theo meets me halfway. I immediately ready a kick but he senses it coming. So I changed it in the last second to a punch and hit him square in the ribs.

''Ufff,'' he clutches his hurt side and staggers backwards. Before he could get his bearings right, I throw in another punch and finish it off with a kick. He falls down to the ground, clutching on to his hurt rib.

''Theo are you okay?'' I hover over his form checking to see if his not badly hurt. Suddenly his arm shoots out and I'm pulled down.

''Ahhh,'' I squeal as I land onto his firm, hard chest. ''Are you crazy?''

''Only for you, love,'' he pushes my hair back. ''That was great, a few more days of training and you'll be back in form.''

''You think?'' I bite my lip nervously.

''I know,'' he rubs his finger on it and sniffs the air.

We stay like that for about ten more minutes, me on top of him, him looking into my eyes, when I feel a stirring sensation in my head. Like someone's trying to speak to me. Theo cocks his head slightly and looks at me. Seems like the same someone is trying to mind link him too.

''Where are you both?'' Charles' voice rings in my head.

''We're down the hill, training.'' I reply.

''Come on up. There is something I need to speak to Theo about.''

''We're on our way.'' Theo replies this time then closes the link.

''Well love, I guess we're done for now.''

''Yeah,'' I push myself off of him. ''He sounded pretty serious, I hope everything's okay.''

''Guess will find out soon. Shift?''

''Yeah, it'll be faster.''

I quickly undress and call my wolf forward. On my right Theo does the same. Picking up the bundle of clothes in our mouths the both of us run up the narrow path to the tree with the hollow. Under any other circumstances we would have played around for a while, but this was not normal. I mean, when is Charles ever serious? Something is wrong. But what did he mean when he said he wants to speak to Theo only? If it concerns the pack, I should be involved too. Anyway, guess we'll know when we get home.